Hey all. I gave my gf my bb curve 8320 and she doesn't have a ... BlackBerry Wi-Fi forum

WhitePearlPXL no está en línea Stack level 4

Curve wifi help

Advertisement

Hey all. I gave my gf my bb curve 8320 and she doesn't have a data plan. However the tmobile rep said she'd be able to use wifi and uma, but when she connects to her home wifi and she gives the browser a go, it says she needs a subscription or something. What gives?

The phone is an 8320 running on 4.5.0.110 with tmobile

Thanks.
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

jblackfish no está en línea PINStacked!
    She should be able to do that. Post exactly what she gets when she tries the browser.

Make sure on options>mobile network, she has "wi-fi preferred" and under network selection she chooses "automatic." I assume the wi-fi set up goes OK.
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

jblackfish no está en línea PINStacked!
    Also, under Options>Advanced Options>browser select "hotspot browser."
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

melissaox no está en línea Device Pro
    I can vouch for being able to surf over wifi. We just got a new router and set up my old 8320 (no sim) and backup 8320 (prepaid sim) and both were able to surf.
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

rok8man no está en línea Stack level 3
    I was having the same issue as WhitePearlPXL and I couldnt get onto my home network. I followed Jblackfish's instructions and I am on now. Thank you very much for that helpful hint.

WhitePearlPXL no está en línea Stack level 4
    ah, thanks jblackfish. i'll have her try it out tomorrow and tell you how it goes.