I am getting a credential error on connecting to this corporate wireless. They say that ... BlackBerry Wi-Fi forum

ccjjr59 no está en línea Stack level 2

Corporate PEAP Network problem

Advertisement

I am getting a credential error on connecting to this corporate wireless. They say that I have to use BOTH the Thawte and Entrust.net root certificates... how do I tell the setup to use more than one?

IT has this online:
    • Network Authentication: WPA
    • Data encryption: TKIP
    1. Select the Authentication tab and select Protected EAP (PEAP) from the EAP type list.
    2. Clear the Authenticate as a computer when computer information is available option.
    3. Click the Properties button.
    4. In the Protected EAP Properties window, enter or select the following options:
      • Validate server certificate: Selected
      • Connect to these servers: Selected, and enter restricted.xyzcomp.com
      • Trusted Root Certification Authorities: "Thawte Premium Server CA" and "Entrust.net Secure Server Certification Authority" (be sure to select BOTH authorities)
      • Select Authentication Method: Secured password (EAP-MSCHAP v2)
    Anyone have any ideas? I tried switching and trying just one at a time and it won't work. I don't really understand this whole certificate stuff.

Thanks!

hayden no está en línea Stack Mod
    PIN/ID
    ask

Re: Corporate PEAP Network problem

Plus it's secured with SSL correct?

The BB CAN access SSL sites. However, the 128-bit SSL (Secure Sockets Layer) gives you the highest level of protection possible whenever you use credit cards or make other financial or confidential transactions over the Internet. The Blackberry is only capable of 40-bit SSL connections.

Sorry about delay.

ccjjr59 no está en línea Stack level 2

Re: Corporate PEAP Network problem

This network doesn't use SSL, just the PEAP. I'm working with IT to see what can be done. They said I could just use the Thawte Server cert. but that didn't work either.