I have the 8320 from T-mobile. I'm trying to Login to an OPEN wireless connection ... BlackBerry Wi-Fi forum

bicho911 no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    24ada765

Question Connecting to a wireless network that requires login

Advertisement

I have the 8320 from T-mobile.

I'm trying to Login to an OPEN wireless connection (NO WEP), the connection requires you to type in your user name/password to access sites via your browser.

if i was to connect to this same network using a wireless laptop i would click connect then after getting an IP address i would open my browser and the first site i try to navigate to a box would pop up in internet explorer or firefox and ask me for a username and password.
    After the login i can navigate to any site i want.
    i wont be prompted again for the password unless i close the browser and open it again.

when i try to connect using my BB8320, the connection is successful, i get an IP but when i open the browser (opera or bb) nothing happens. it doesn't prompt me to login.

any ideas?

Thyth no está en línea Stack level 3
    The login/redirection page might be doing something fancy. You could try recording the URL of the login page from your laptop and creating a bookmark in the BlackBerry browser.

Sirthinks no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    2831A313
    Go into your SetUp Wifi connection screen. There should be a menu item for wi-fi Hotspot Login. Click that and it takes you to the wifi login screen. enter your username and password from there.
    If you want to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first create the universe. - Carl Sagan