I just did a lil experiment to see I could send pictures at all and ... BlackBerry Wi-Fi forum

jhaebre no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    just ask

cant send MMS messages when wifi is on

Advertisement

I just did a lil experiment to see I could send pictures at all and I can send them on EDGE but not when I use my WIFI. Has anyone else had this problem and if so what do I need to do to fix it?
    Dymond Tink
    Mylee Pearl
    Hannah Curve

jonnyxedge no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    28A4ED28
    actually never had the issue when sending only when recieving. typically when i send over wifi its a heck of a lot faster. try resending the service books when connected to wifi.
    The BlackBerry Guru

[x] My Minds Eye - Life Behind The Lens Of A BlackBerry
    [x] Pinstack Blog
    [x] Twitter

PIN/ID
    just ask
    Quote Originally Posted by jonnyxedge View Post
    actually never had the issue when sending only when recieving. typically when i send over wifi its a heck of a lot faster. try resending the service books when connected to wifi.

Tried still not sending.

PIN/ID
    LESS
    Try sending one to yourself. T-Mobile has a automatic provision set in place that usually corrects your account status and activate mms capabilities after you send one to yourself. So try that first and see what it does.

PIN/ID
    just ask
    Quote Originally Posted by RSCStacker View Post
    Try sending one to yourself. T-Mobile has a automatic provision set in place that usually corrects your account status and activate mms capabilities after you send one to yourself. So try that first and see what it does.

It doesn't work either.

Eddie_gauge no está en línea Stack level 7
    Quote Originally Posted by jhaebre View Post
    It doesn't work either.
    What OS are you running? This has been an issue with prior os releases but the 4.2.2.180 should not have the issue. Check under options about third line down. If it is not .180 then update the OS. If it is .180 then go to options, advanced options, host routing table, menu, register now. and get the service books and certificates sent back down to the phone . Hope it helps.

PIN/ID
    just ask
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Ok here the update after fight with the problem for so long, I decided to call T-mobile. The rep said that I wouldn't be able to send any MMS as long as I had my WIFI on. Thanks everyone for the help.

Eddie_gauge no está en línea Stack level 7
    Quote Originally Posted by jhaebre View Post
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Ok here the update after fight with the problem for so long, I decided to call T-mobile. The rep said that I wouldn't be able to send any MMS as long as I had my WIFI on. Thanks everyone for the help.
    Hi jhaebre. You may be ready to give this up but, just for my own info, Does this happen when it shows uma or just wifi? Kind of a stupid question but if it shows uma then all you are using wifi for is to bypass a t-mobile tower. That is it. It goes from your router to t-mobile's core network over the internet. So that being said any service you can use on t-mobiles network you should be able to use over wifi. Just curious. Thanks for the update.

PIN/ID
    just ask
    Quote Originally Posted by Eddie_gauge View Post
    Hi jhaebre. You may be ready to give this up but, just for my own info, Does this happen when it shows uma or just wifi? Kind of a stupid question but if it shows uma then all you are using wifi for is to bypass a t-mobile tower. That is it. It goes from your router to t-mobile's core network over the internet. So that being said any service you can use on t-mobiles network you should be able to use over wifi. Just curious. Thanks for the update.
    when i call the rep said when you use the wifi that you really never know what network it is going thru so that maybe why it wouldnt work. it was on the UMA and i couldnt send anything so i just said forget using the wifi i rather have my picture messaging.
    Dymond Tink
    Mylee Pearl
    Hannah Curve

jikdoc no está en línea Stack level 2
    i'm using an 8320 with tmobile and just sent a mms while connected to wifi. i have my network preferences set to edge preferred, because i don't dropping calls when i move out of a wifi area. i keep wifi on so i can browse faster and to be able to send files such as mms more quickly than i do over edge. the difference in the time it takes to send a mms with just edge and with wifi + preferred edge is noticeable and consistent, so i'm pretty sure i'm sending the mms over wifi. who knows, maybe i'm wrong, but give it a try yourself.

C.Ambrosio no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2581694A
    Quote Originally Posted by jikdoc View Post
    i'm using an 8320 with tmobile and just sent a mms while connected to wifi. i have my network preferences set to edge preferred, because i don't dropping calls when i move out of a wifi area. i keep wifi on so i can browse faster and to be able to send files such as mms more quickly than i do over edge. the difference in the time it takes to send a mms with just edge and with wifi + preferred edge is noticeable and consistent, so i'm pretty sure i'm sending the mms over wifi. who knows, maybe i'm wrong, but give it a try yourself.
    I wonder if this is location dependent. I have mine set to wifi preferred and my mms send and receive fine. It get probably 30 a day and all are good.