Hi all, new to BB I can easily connect to my WEP protected home router, ... BlackBerry Wi-Fi forum

Keenanzona no está en línea Stack level 1

Question Can't connect to any open wireless networks

Advertisement

Hi all, new to BB

I can easily connect to my WEP protected home router, and the same at my parents house.

But when I'm out and about, I cant connect to any open wireless networks at all! I scan for them, find an open network, and fail to connect! Nothing but W010 and W002 failing reasons. I tried near a hospital, in a sports stadium, at work! I always find open networks but never can connect.

Is there something simple I'm doing wrong or need to configure? Kinda annoying that I cant even get on my work's open wireless network.

thanks

doughboy4life no está en línea Stack level 4

Re: Can't connect to any open wireless networks

I think one of those failing msg's mean to far away from open network try switching ur settings to wi-fi perfered or wi-fi only and see what happens.

pakas no está en línea Stack level 2

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~PLEASE SOMEONE HELP I DON'T KNOW HOW TO GET WI FI RUNING I DON'T EVEN KNOW WHERE ITS AT IN MY PHONE YES YES I'm NEW PLEASE E MAIL ME INSTRUCTION telituby_lrp@hotmail.com

squeakr no está en línea Stack level 4

Quote Originally Posted by pakas View Post
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~PLEASE SOMEONE HELP I DON'T KNOW HOW TO GET WI FI RUNING I DON'T EVEN KNOW WHERE ITS AT IN MY PHONE YES YES I'm NEW PLEASE E MAIL ME INSTRUCTION telituby_lrp@hotmail.com

8100 has no wifi in it, so it is impossible to do. If youhave the 8320 then go into the manage connections settings and there will be an option to turn on the wifi there. Once again the 8100 doesn't have wifi so stop looking.