I was wondering if there was a way to increase my range for my wireless ... BlackBerry Wi-Fi forum

mattdoucet no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    301CB12F

can i use my pearl 8130 to increase my range for wifi on my laptop?

Advertisement

I was wondering if there was a way to increase my range for my wireless card on my laptop with my pearl 8130?

Thanks,

archer6 no está en línea Stack level 8
    No that will not work. What brand,model & configuration of laptop are you using?
    Built in card, or pc card? Perhaps I can offer a suggestion once I know what equipment you have.

Also, what is the range now? Also are you speaking of a wireless network @ home or work, or out like Starbucks?

via RedBerry *8310*

(wap.pinstack.com)~

PIN/ID
    301CB12F
    I have a hp dv6000 onboard wireless card. My neighbor has a unsecure wireless connection and I am just beyond the range to get a connection.if I Could get connected I can get rid of my tethered modem package I have. Gettn a little expensive ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

marcuzi no está en línea Stack level 2

Lightbulb 8130 and wi-fi

Hey Archer,
    Could you also answer:

Can I enable wi-fi on my 8130? I know there are some wi-fi SD cards out there so is there any way to get a wi-fi micro SD (maybe make one) and get my BB 8130 to use it (maybe with some fancy hack?) thanks, -m

Quote Originally Posted by marcuzi View Post
    Hey Archer,
    Can I enable wi-fi on my 8130?
    ------
    I think that while this may be possible I have no facts on it. There was something that I noticed in passing, however I did not capture it for reading later. I might suggest you google it and see what you come up with.

As my work load eases up later in the week I will also do some research. Please send me a PM and we will go from there.

Cheers!

Thanks for the quick reply!
    ( I can't PM yet until I get 10 posts...)

Found this microSD wi-fi card coming out within a few days probably Spectec SDW-823 microSD WiFi Card http://www.expansys.ca/ft.aspx?k=102244
    and here http://bweaver.net/micro-sd-wi-fi but old so I kept searching...

found out it's miniSD and not micro and it should have been out for a while but may not be(?)

I appreciate your efforts, -m

Quote Originally Posted by marcuzi View Post
    found out it's miniSD and not micro and it should have been out for a while but may not be(?)
    Your BB is indeed microSD, not mini.
    The company that is currently working on it and will be the first to market with a working product is SpecTec

I have a contact at SpecTec and have this first hand, so the info is quite accurate. The drivers are what they are presently working on as well as a tweak so they can use the same card that they are currently using for WM devices. This will allow them to further reduce the price of the card.

As far as time line is concerned, that's where he cannot say as that info is top secret and protected by his NDA (non-disclosure agreement) with the employer. However reading between the lines it may not be that much longer.

Any other questions?

Cheers

Nope, you rock! Thanks

PIN/ID
    301CB12F
    Cool. Sucks that the pearl doesn't have wifi built in. Got everything else. I was suprised that it didn't come with it. Thanks for looking into this for me. Appriciate it. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

annagrlly no está en línea Stack level 1
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~