Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

I have a strange problem, and T-Mobile has been working on it since September with ... BlackBerry Wi-Fi forum

jzarowitz no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    NexsOne

Calls over UMA via Tmo

Advertisement

I have a strange problem, and T-Mobile has been working on it since September with no resolution as of yet. When the 8320 came out, I ordered one, and added HotSpot@Home to my account. I also got the Linksys Tmo router...

The phone seems to work fine with WiFi and a full UMA connection...but no calls that I make over WiFi UMA are being billed in accordance with the HotSpot@Home plan... the minutes are coming off of my total minute plan like I never added the HotSpot@Home add-on.

Tmo said they will monitor my usage and credit any overages due to this (while they investigate behind the scenes), but is anyone else having this issue, and what did you do/have Tmo do to have it fixed? Thanks.
    I'm a born again Androider

mikew no está en línea Stack level 2

Re: Calls over UMA via Tmo

I think this is happening to me also! I have 1000 minutes in my service plan and I before I added the Hotspot@Home plan I would only use about 600 minutes per month. So now that I have the Hotspot@Home, I've made many more phone calls with my cell phone at home on UMA since I have a better signal now, but I looked at my minutes and it reached 950 used before the end of my billing cycle! I'm definitely going to look into this!

I have a question though. This will be my first bill with the Hotspot@Home service added, will I be able to differentiate my cellular minutes from my UMA minutes?

PIN/ID
    NexsOne

Yes... WiFi minutes are designated with a symbol in the minutes used details... that is, if billed properly

mikew no está en línea Stack level 2

Quote Originally Posted by jzarowitz View Post
    Yes... WiFi minutes are designated with a symbol in the minutes used details... that is, if billed properly

Thanks, my plan just started a new cycle today and my bill should be ready in a few days and I will look and see what is going on.

ray244190 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    askme

Took me TWO billing cycles to straighten mine out. ended up being the sim card. mine was a few years old and now it's fixed.
    Request another sim card, it's Free. well it was for me
    Normal is but just a setting on a dryer

PIN/ID
    NexsOne

Quote Originally Posted by ray244190 View Post
    Took me TWO billing cycles to straighten mine out. ended up being the sim card. mine was a few years old and now it's fixed.
    Request another sim card, it's Free. well it was for me

interesting that it was SIM card related... i actually have a new SIM card handy that i could use... must I be on a TMO tower to have the new sim card activate properly? im asking because i live in a non-tmo covered area...with very shoddy coverage by a rural mobile network provider (hence the benefit of wifi).

Amigotek no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    21D7B3C6

Yes, you need to be on a T-Mo tower to have the sim provisioned correctly.

Zo

PIN/ID
    NexsOne

Quote Originally Posted by Amigotek View Post

Zo
    ok... thank you for that very valuable piece of information. i would have had to drive 140 miles round trip to get to a tmo tower and back. but, ill be traveling next week for the holiday and can do it then...im pretty sure ill be near a tmo store at some point. thanks for the tip on the SIM card... i shall report back my findings in a few weeks.

PIN/ID
    askme

Quote Originally Posted by Amigotek View Post

Zo
    I live in NC and there are no TMO towers around. I stay on roam at all times unless I am using the UMA then it says T-Mobile. I was on suncom or ATT when i set up the new sim card. S i have to disagree on the tower issue.

PIN/ID
    21D7B3C6

Suncom is in the process of being bought out by T-Mobile so there may be some provisioning changes already in place on their servers. I know in the past if we tried to change a customer's sim and they were not on a T-Mobile tower it would not provision until they reentered T-Mobile's network. If you say it worked for you recently then they may have changed things on the towers. It has been a while since I have had a customer do a sim change and not be on a T-Mobile tower.

Zo

PIN/ID
    askme

Wasn't bashing on you. I just wanted to let you or anybody else know that it did work for me. The only thing that I noticed was that I had to be on EDGE to do this. Most likely because of the data plan.
    Peace.

PIN/ID
    21D7B3C6

Didn't take it as a bashing. lol That is why we are all here, everyone has their own experiences to contribute to the community. My information may be outdated since where I am located T-Mobile no longer has signal issues.

Zo

squeakr no está en línea Stack level 4

I am in NC as well and would like to know if you set up a new card or if you set up a new phone. I recentlly set up 2 new devices without problem, but I believe that it is because the phones were set up and provisioned before being sent out. Now if I have to set up an entirely new card will I be drivin to Va or what? Just asking for a little clarification in advance (hopefully I won't have to do anything until Suncom officially becomes T-Mo).
    Also not trying to threadjack, but I see on another board that recently T-Mo is saying that they are sending out letters to those that are roaming 100% of the time and are out of contract (doesn't include me yet) starting in a few months. If I am on UMA using wi-fi, is that considered roaming or not (not that it really matters, just got me to thinking with that post about roaming)?? ANyone know the definitive answer if that is roamiing or not or is that considered native T-Mo coverage (inquiring minds want to know)???

PIN/ID
    NexsOne

ok, so this story gets more strange... last night i arrived in a tmobile coverage area... and at my folks house... while connected to their off brand 3 year old router, i made and received phone calls on uma...and they all billed as wifi as minutes used.

is it neccessary to be within the boundary of a tmobile tower for minutes to bill properly on UMA WiFi? that sorta defeats the point of UMA then, doesnt it? i got it because i have no coverage in my home...and my bb is my only phone... but if you have to be near a tmo tower for the minutes to bill as WiFi, whats the point of HotSpot@Home?

does this make sense to anyone?
    Last edited by jzarowitz; 11-21-2007 at 05:40 PM.

squeakr no está en línea Stack level 4

Makes perfect sense, except in ow you are getting the minutes to show up on ypur account. As of yet, I have not had one UMA call show up on my account. Last month it said I used 100 minutes total. But between just the times T-Mo called me trouble shooting this issue and the times I called them, I was on the device over 4 hours (was programming anyway and didn't have much else to do, and the tech was nice and we had and enjoyable conversation so didn't mind the times, which was over a couple of weeks total airtime) and jopne of these calls show up. I had over 400 MyFaves minutes between the wife and my phone and none of the calls on the UMA side showed, but all on the cell side (as one of us was traveling logged correctly). T-Mo has no idea why the calls aren't logging at all, but they don't show at all. They are stumped, so how do you get yours to show up. The rep supposedly made a change to the account to get them to show, but that was 2 weeks ago and still nothing (and this was across 2 seperate billing cycles so should have reset)???

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast