hey, i have the blackberry 8210 for tmobile with the basic plan, not the data ... BlackBerry Wi-Fi forum

peterphn no está en línea Stack level 1

Blackberry wifi internet?

Advertisement

hey, i have the blackberry 8210 for tmobile with the basic plan, not the data plan. i was wondering if i connect at home with the wifi and surf the web will i get charged? and what is the uma on the top right of my phone when i connect to my house internet?

hotfairy87 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    7A40CB17
    I have the hotspot at home plan with t-mobile, they told me that i can surf the web without having a data plan. so go figure. there are two uma's.

The one with capitals UMA: You are connected to UMA for phone calls and connected to the blackberry network through either Wi-Fi only or UMA.

You can use the phone, send and receive e-mail messages, PIN messages, text messages, picture messages, and use the browser using UMA instead of a mobile network connection.

The lower case uma:
    You are connected to UMA for phone calls but do not have any connection to the Blackberry network. You can use the phone and send and receive text messages and picture messages using UMA instead of a mobile network connection. You will not be able to send or receive e-mail messages.

For more information go to http://support.t-mobile.com/knowbase.../tm51929.htm#6.

I hope this works for your best understanding. good luck.

ernsalas no está en línea Stack level 3
    Hotfairy is right, when I dont have any signal and have wifi, this is how I surf the web---dead parts in the corporate bldg

peterphn no está en línea Stack level 1
    ok thankss