I heard negative things about the 8320's WiFi being even slower then the EDGE. In ... BlackBerry Wi-Fi forum

mrseal2000 no está en línea Stack level 2

Blackberry 8120's WiFi vs Curve 8320

Advertisement

I heard negative things about the 8320's WiFi being even slower then the EDGE. In your opinion what device should i get based on the speed of pages loading on the WiFi and EDGE network? Which device has a better WiFi experience?

pdxmatts no está en línea Stack Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by mrseal2000 View Post
    I heard negative things about the 8320's WiFi being even slower then the EDGE. In your opinion what device should i get based on the speed of pages loading on the WiFi and EDGE network? Which device has a better WiFi experience?
    I have not noticed that on my 8320. I think the wifi on the 8320 is much faster than edge and the 8320 and the 8120 are just about the same. It would depend on the size you like and the keypad. They are both awesome phones, yet the 8120 has 4.3 OS and video recording and 8gb capacity and two speakers. While the 8320 is solid as a rock and will have those things with the new OS upgrade. 4.5.18 OS has it..

Since you already have the 8100 and are used to the keypad, the 8120 might be the perfect upgrade. Don't know how I ever lived without the wifi on my old 8100.

I am really in a bind here because at tmobile the 8120 and 8320 are the same price. Which phone is better as a media device? I am comfortable with both form factors and keyboards. Why has tmobile not released these new operating systems for the Berrys?

Rim hasn't released the new OS yet, except people are using the beta version out there right now. They both sound really good with the earbuds and both have 3.5mm jacks, but my personal preference is that the 8120 just sounds a bit crispier when listening to music. I wish i can tell you which one to choose, but obviously I couldn't choose, because I have both. It's a hard call, but your going to have to make it. Really for me the size is the only factor. I use the 8320 usually for at home and I like the 8120 for going out and about because it is smaller. Right now i use the 8120 more.

Hmmm ill be on here more because i need to go to sleep,But im leaning twoards the curve because of the better resolution.

Which of the two devices has a better external speaker?

jonnyxedge no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    28A4ED28
    Quote Originally Posted by mrseal2000 View Post
    I am really in a bind here because at tmobile the 8120 and 8320 are the same price. Which phone is better as a media device? I am comfortable with both form factors and keyboards. Why has tmobile not released these new operating systems for the Berrys?

well the new OS won't be out until it's fully tested and both t-mobile and rim are happy with the outcome, now in regardsof the devices, the curve is more of an email and sms powerhouse. if you plan on doing a lot of heavy duty use on the features then the 8320 is the one for you, if you are more or less just using it here and there, some emails and some web browsing then the 8120 might be better for you. if you want the smaller device then the 8120. hope that helps a little
    The BlackBerry Guru

[x] My Minds Eye - Life Behind The Lens Of A BlackBerry
    [x] Pinstack Blog
    [x] Twitter

I am equally happy with both devices. Which one has an edge over the other?

Any ideas?

The edge is your personal preference.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~