Hey all, I didn't see this covered, so I'm posting it. Like many on this ... BlackBerry Wi-Fi forum

quiche no está en línea Stack level 3

Battery pull removes connection preference(Wifi preferred)-FIX

Advertisement

Hey all,

I didn't see this covered, so I'm posting it.
    Like many on this thread, I was having a time getting my 8320 to switch to UMA. Finally, after searching and with theuberprof's great advice here: http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...wifi_when.html , I got my UMA working. Now, my 8320 is going to be my main phone and sooner or later I was going to have to do a battery pull. So, I wondered...what would happen if I did a battery pull?? Well, since my battery had a low enough charge, I switched my batteries out. And sho nuff, I lost my UMA again. I had to backup, wipe and restore once again. I called T-Mobile to see if there was a better way to do this. They couldn't help me so they transferred me to RIM directly. I spoke to a wonderful man (Robert) and he directed me to one of their knowledge base articles. Basically, what I had to do was to install the BB OS onto my computer and clean install my device using the app loader. I followed the article to a "T". Being the thorough person I am, I backed up my device without the service books, but then wiped it, and then did the clean install and sent my service books. Overkill? Maybe, but it worked. All I had to do was search for my wifi connection and it immediately connected to UMA unlike before. And guess what, when I did a battery pull (with the device on or off) after about 20 seconds, it automatically switched to UMA. YEA!!
    Last edited by quiche; 09-27-2007 at 12:10 AM.

N8DBB no está en línea Stack level 8
    PIN/ID
    7BCE3C88

Re: Battery pull removes connection preference(Wifi preferred)-FIX

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Hope that it doesn't happen again. Cause I would be po'd if I always had to do that.
    I have noticed this:
    When I first got the curve, I just did a restore from the 8300 to it. I never got the UMA, but was able to get on WiFi and it was working great.
    Being that I wanted to get the "wifi preferred" option, I did the wipe and re-register and now have UMA.

I have noticed now though, that since I have done that, the wifi seems to be running slower and not connecting as "seamlessly" and easily as it was when I only had the wifi and not the UMA.

Anyone else notice this or is mine "special"?

quiche no está en línea Stack level 3

I haven't noticed any change in speed. The wifi browser loads almost instantly for me.

~via my fab 8320 (wap.pinstack.com)~

flash24 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3319688f

Same here, I had to completely wipe my device because i restored everything from my 8300.