Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

No, WIFI is a hardware feature and the 8700 doesn't have a Wifi radio.... BlackBerry Wi-Fi forum

data1025 no está en línea Stack level 3

Advertisement

No, WIFI is a hardware feature and the 8700 doesn't have a Wifi radio.

iron07 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    22bf2ae1
    so let me see if i get this you still need data to use wifi is this correct?
    then what would be the point of having wifi except for maybe a faster conection if that is the case that is retarded. i thought the whole point of having wifi was so you could have internet like a pc where it was avilable so you dont have to spend 30 bucks a month

rjs87 no está en línea Stack level 3
    yes you do need a data plan to use wifi, if you could use your BB with wifi all carrier would lose massive amounts of money since most places today have wifi
    **There are 2 types of people in this world: those who use the search bar and those who do not**

alfobo no está en línea Stack level 1
    is there anyway to override this?

sh1n3 no está en línea Stack level 1
    Can we talk bout somtin other rhen phones

xeus no está en línea Stack level 1

Thumbs down ATT blocking wifi

There is no doubt in my mind that att has sent to my simcard data that will not allow me to use my wifi feature on my 8120.I have researched this extensively and found users can get on when they first get their phones,then all of a sudden it no longer works,when in fact you are in your home where your other devices work fine.I purchased a premium phone to use the wifi feature,i don't want a data plan,i feel this is against my rights in forcing me to purchase a data plan,I also feel that this is a valid case for a class action lawsuit against any company disabling functions on someones personal belongings.Please post your comments.

maj0079 no está en línea Stack level 1

Not to beat a horse while it's dead, but.......

I am getting tomorrow the Blackberry Pearl 8110. Now there are a few reasons I'm getting this one, it was free with a package, when getting that package it waived all activation fees and it has Wi-Fi. Now to me if something is Wi-Fi capable, it means it can connect to the internet without any assistance. Think the iTouch. So, if these phones have Wi-Fi then how the hell can AT&T say you need a data plan to use it? BULL honkey! They don't know when you use it cause using the internet on a Wi-Fi connection does not go through AT&T. It gous through the wireless router, AT&T has NO CLUE that you are using it. It sounds like to me AT&T just wants your money. And if they have disabled my use of it because I don't have a data plan, there will be hell to pay. Just my 2 cents.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12