I tried to connect to my Airport Extreme and had no trouble connecting (UMA w/3 ... BlackBerry Wi-Fi forum

Ctimrun no está en línea Stack level 2

Anyone successfuly connect to Verizon Fios?

Advertisement

I tried to connect to my Airport Extreme and had no trouble connecting (UMA w/3 bars), but the call would drop a few seconds into it. I went and bought the tmobile router and it seems to work ok, but the handoff between the UMA and EDGE is unstable, causing dropped calls. I am also able to connect to my parents verizon fios router (UMA w/3 bars) but the calls are dropping every time a few seconds into them. It only seems to be calls that are unstable, wifi for data seems to be working well enough, but I need a good phone too. Seems too unstable to be worth it, any suggestions?

Should I go get 8300's from ATT? (I want cameras for the wife and I)

cedarjunction no está en línea Stack level 1

Re: Anyone successfuly connect to Verizon Fios?

I am having the same problem and I have verizon fios as well. I don't really have interference issues because I live in an area where there is little or no cell reception. Interestingly, up until wednesday of this week, i have been using a nokia 6086 on this router with no problems though.

tomdkat no está en línea Stack level 3

Are you using the verizon fios supplied wireless router or do you have a router piggy backed the the verizion router?

inkwell no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    PM me

From what I researched, I believe the Verizon Fios router will not work and you will have to piggy back another router. I am trying this throughout the week nd will get back to you on this.

Luigi

5angels no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    241c528b

Quote Originally Posted by inkwell View Post
    From what I researched, I believe the Verizon Fios router will not work and you will have to piggy back another router. I am trying this throughout the week nd will get back to you on this.

Luigi
    Luigi,
    I tried everything I could think of to get this to work with the Verizon router but had no success.
    I opened up all of the ports suggested by the TMO tech support rep (every time I called I got conflicting info from the previous call).
    I enabled all of the Voip profiles on the router. Then I was told that UMA was not Voip.
    Eventually I just gave up and bought the TMO provided D-Link router and it has been fine ever since.
    Just my 2 cents.