My 8120 has been dropping the WiFi signal. It will toggle back and forth between ... BlackBerry Wi-Fi forum

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!

Anybody Else Having WiFi Problems Today?

Advertisement

My 8120 has been dropping the WiFi signal. It will toggle back and forth between the symbol showing clearly to greyed out. Also, the UMA indicator totally disappears when this happens. I have reset my phone and this still happens.

Anyone else?

melissaox no está en línea Device Pro
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ No problems with WiFi. Maybe check the internet. Has it been dropping?

Ok now my phone is showing the WiFi symbol going back and forth between being grey and solid. Also, it's bouncing back and forth between EDGE and the UMA indicator. Browser didn't open. I have my Mobile Data Services set to On and WiFi Preferred.

By the way I have it connected to my modem here at home and it has worked fine since I got my 8120 last week.

Also, today I turned all connections off due to a doctor's appointment I had and the building had poor reception. Turned my phone back on after that and forgot to re-enable Data Services which I did when I realized why nothing was connecting (phone showed "edge" and I couldn't figure out why until I checked Data Services LOL).
    Last edited by EricaJ1073; 05-14-2008 at 10:50 PM.

Ok I have narrowed it down to being a browsing problem. Browsing PS via BB browser is painfully slow but on Opera, its normal WiFi speeds.

Update: OUT OF THE BLUE, my 8120 just re-registered itself on T-Mo's network. I also just got 1 email and 2 text messages. Also it failed the email connection portion of the Diagnostic Test (unless re-registering itself meant it now will pass that portion).

Well, my 8120 worked up until today when it decided it wanted to lose all connections to the network. I have been soft and hard resetting the thing since 3:30 PM Central time. Diagnostic tests fail. WiFi works when it wants to and I have been able to sporadically text (via GSM), email and PIN via BB Messenger (via WiFi w/UMA indicator icon on screen). It's been going back and forth between UMA, uma, EDGE, edge, GPRS, gprs, GSM, gsm. Very frustrating as this is a BRAND NEW BB and I don't wanna have to swap it out already (3 weeks old tomorrow).

It's now 11:40 and I am wiping the thing and am going to reinstall the OS and my last backup taken just 10 minutes ago. I'm at my PC but needing to stay awake until I see if my problem is solved LMAO
    Last edited by EricaJ1073; 05-27-2008 at 01:43 AM.

SebasC no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    20FAAC32
    Same here... it seems to have trouble connecting to UMA / Blackberry Infrastructure... Wifi Works fine, Internet works fine...

Just finished wiping the BB. Now reloading/updating software to see what happens.

Seems to have worked for a few minutes. I was able to get a few service books and my text alerts. Other than that, still down as far as email and chatting.

Now I have only gotten texts over the last few hours. Still no data service. I swapped my SIM to my 8100 and the same issue arises.

I am now able to send and receive emails in addition to texts and pin messaging. EDGE flashes on the screen for up to 2 seconds before going back to GSM.

Ok I think something may be improving. I just got 48 emails dumped to my phone after 36 hours of sporadic message delivery.