I don't know how to explain it but sometimes when I am connected to a ... BlackBerry Wi-Fi forum

adam917 no está en línea Stack level 3

8320 sometimes switching from 'UMA' to 'uma' - no calls during 'uma'?

Advertisement

I don't know how to explain it but sometimes when I am connected to a Wi-Fi hotspot (doesn't matter what or where, but it is the secure one in the building where I live), I see that my phone will sometimes show 'uma' in the upper right corner instead of 'UMA' and when I place or receive calls during the time it is on 'uma', no calls can come in or go out. The carrier info shows the same 'T - Mobile - [Access Point Name]' but calls can't come in or go out. I can do data just fine though. What causes this & how can I solve the problem. It doesn't seem to matter if I have both the mobile network & Wi-Fi on or Wi-Fi only, when I see 'uma' (lowercase), no calls can come in or be placed.

jblackfish no está en línea PINStacked!
    I have the same problem, not able to receive calls, on my 8120 when it shows uma instead of UMA. My problem is a little more severe because my 8120 ALWAYS show uma although my 8230 always shows UMA and works fine.

I saw an explanation in PS a while back that said that uma indicates that your device is capable of wi-fi but not actually engaged in it and that UMA means that it is actually "doing" wi-fi. That's not accurate in my case because both my 8120 (uma) and 8320 (UMA) can browse the internet fast and without a problem.
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

mykeandme no está en línea Stack level 2
    I have the same problem also. When I have the wifi on no calls can be received or made.I have the 8320 Curve. I just gave up using the wifi part of the phone

jblackfish no está en línea PINStacked!
    Quote Originally Posted by mykeandme View Post
    I have the same problem also. When I have the wifi on no calls can be received or made.I have the 8320 Curve. I just gave up using the wifi part of the phone
    Just to add a little more info to this, the 8120 is NOT my main phone. It's a pre-pay (to-go) account w/o a data plan. Since I need it mostly for outgoing calls I can leave the wi-fi on, browse the internet and make outgoing calls fine - just no incoming.

There's got to be a SIMPLE solution to this one. Mykeandme, is this your MAIN phone?
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com