Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

BG has something saying that the 8300 will be able to ugraded to WiFi.. this ... BlackBerry Wi-Fi forum

VP
    VP no está en línea Stack level 2

8300 ugradable to WiFi????

Advertisement

BG has something saying that the 8300 will be able to ugraded to WiFi.. this is the link that they got it from but it is in spainish can anyone translate? http://mentesdigitales.wordpress.com/

VP

Re: 8300 ugradable to WiFi????

this is also the link for the BG that has a image of the phone that has something about WiFi http://www.boygeniusreport.com/2007/...-8320-in-hand/

Dubdub no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    23FEFDC4

8300 has no GPS and no WiFi. The 8320 is supposed to have it, but who knows which carrier will get it.

StaceyRVC no está en línea Community pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me!

Quote Originally Posted by Dubdub
    8300 has no GPS and no WiFi. The 8320 is supposed to have it, but who knows which carrier will get it.
    Better be TMO!

avante no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    2405C4B1

I'm still waiting for camera, wifi and gps. I can't figure out why that is not available? Oh well.....

VP

Question Re: 8300 ugradable to WiFi????

sorry thats what i meant to say the 8320 should have WiFi defintely, but the GPS im not to sure about haven't heard much of it as yet... So let me get this strait the 8300 should be coming to tmo, but we are really hoping for the 8320 correct? are we thinking that both 8300 and 8320 will be released to tmo or do we have to wait for one then the other?

VP

o yea after the same link for the Bg said there is no GPS on the 8320...sorry!

ericugs no está en línea Stack level 3

My tmobile rep said today it will be July and come with Wifi!

I'll be sure to upgrade then!

Dubdub no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    23FEFDC4

Quote Originally Posted by avante
    I'm still waiting for camera, wifi and gps. I can't figure out why that is not available? Oh well.....
    Most government agencies and many large corporate customers will not allow camera phones into their facilities due to security issues. And since the majority of RIM customers currently are in one of those categories, then the devices don't have a camera. GPS could also be a security issue as well.

You will probably start seeing both on new versions as BBs become more consumer oriented rather than business oriented, but my guess is one version will have it and another will not - like the 8300 and 8320 (supposedly).
    Last edited by Dubdub; 05-10-2007 at 12:15 PM.

rokinDa8703e no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    31e84d1b

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

VP

Thumbs up Re: 8300 ugradable to WiFi????

Quote Originally Posted by Dubdub
    Most government agencies and many large corporate customers will not allow camera phones into their facilities due to security issues. And since the majority of RIM customers currently are in one of those categories, then the devices don't have a camera. GPS could also be a security issue as well.

You will probably start seeing both on new versions as BBs become more consumer oriented rather than business oriented, but my guess is one version will have it and another will not - like the 8300 and 8320 (supposedly).
    right on the money!!

VP

Quote Originally Posted by ericugs
    My tmobile rep said today it will be July and come with Wifi!

I'll be sure to upgrade then!
    aww man.. i heard may 7th, later may, maybe june and now JULY.. the waiting game is getting old now.. tmo needs to get it together

dcla no está en línea Stack level 1

an unlocked iphone in June is looking better and better.......

OzzieDog no está en línea Stack level 3

With all the speculation on release date and so on, any ideas if FCC has given their stamp on this one? or does it not need the approval? Just wondering.

takeshi no está en línea Stack level 7

Quote Originally Posted by VP
    BG has something saying that the 8300 will be able to ugraded to WiFi.. this is the link that they got it from but it is in spainish can anyone translate? http://mentesdigitales.wordpress.com/
    I seriously doubt that the 8300 can be upgraded to include WiFi (how would you add the radio?). Why are you relying on a Spanish site for information from BG? If he says that it can be upgraded wouldn't the info be on his own site somewhere?

Quote Originally Posted by VP
    aww man.. i heard may 7th, later may, maybe june and now JULY.. the waiting game is getting old now.. tmo needs to get it together
    "Get it together"?? They haven't even officially announced a release date so they're plenty "together".

Why should they be held accountable to release dates based on forum speculation?
    Last edited by takeshi; 05-11-2007 at 12:35 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast