just wondering if the categories sub divisions will be back- "automotive themes, celebrity themes, Music/TV ... 83xx Themes forum

MHutch30 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    cnAsk4it

Question What happened to the categories breakdown?

Advertisement

just wondering if the categories sub divisions will be back- "automotive themes, celebrity themes, Music/TV themes", etc.?

That was nice to have.

Sirthinks no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    2831A313
    Apparently not.....

Listen to this Podcast for the answer to theme library layout.
    If you want to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first create the universe. - Carl Sagan

PIN/ID
    cnAsk4it
    well....

thanks, Sir!

Sirthinks no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    2831A313
    I agree it was somtimes easier to find what you were looking for when the themes areas were categorized. Of course when that system was put in place there were only 3 devices being themed. I believe it was the 8100, 8300, and 8800 devices.

Fast forward to today, we have the original three plus the 8350i, 8220, 8900, 9000, and the 9500.

Add to that multiple operating systems for each, and you have a nightmare situation when it comes to categorizing the themes.

The powers that be decided that themes will just be stored by device, and we, the users can search for what we want that way.

Of course you can always use the search feature at the top of the page to find a theme using your desired parameters. Perhaps sometime down the road the powers that be may further categorize the themes within the device specific directories. All we need to do is ask.
    If you want to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first create the universe. - Carl Sagan

raton no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    7BF68784
    ^^Agree! But, the 8350i does not have its own category yet. It's not to be confused with the other 83xx for it runs a whole new different OS. The themes from the 83xx will not work on the 8350i. Yesterday, I released a theme for it and luckily it went well. No issues were found. I think there should be a specific section for those users just like the new categories for the 95xx/8900/8220 and the 9000. Just my 2 pennies...But then again, what do I know I'm just a poor mouse
    What's the matter? CIA's got you pushing too many pencils?

PIN/ID
    cnAsk4it
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirthinks View Post
    I agree it was somtimes easier to find what you were looking for when the themes areas were categorized. Of course when that system was put in place there were only 3 devices being themed. I believe it was the 8100, 8300, and 8800 devices.

Fast forward to today, we have the original three plus the 8350i, 8220, 8900, 9000, and the 9500.

Add to that multiple operating systems for each, and you have a nightmare situation when it comes to categorizing the themes.

The powers that be decided that themes will just be stored by device, and we, the users can search for what we want that way.

Of course you can always use the search feature at the top of the page to find a theme using your desired parameters. Perhaps sometime down the road the powers that be may further categorize the themes within the device specific directories. All we need to do is ask.
    Understood- thanks for shedding some light on that.

For the record, mods: if you can ever swing it to further categorize themes...that's be much appreciated.

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA
    we have added "prefixes" ... but are still debating on whether we will be going back to old threads to add or just use going forward.

thanks for the feedback its appreciated

Morgase no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    ASKME4IT
    I preferred the breakdown as well. It was easier to search for what you really wanted. It seemed more organized the old way.
    ~via smartphone wap.pinstack.com~

EmilyJane no está en línea Stack level 1
    My 2 cents? I agree with Morgase. It did seem easier And more organized (or maybe I'm just getting cranky in my old age! Thanks.
    ~via smartphone wap.pinstack.com~

jake.schires no está en línea Stack level 3
    Breakdown. I cannot find anything. And that sadly makes visiting pinstack less enjoyable then it was before.
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA
    i'd start with the 8100 theme forum
    from your wap browser, go to forums (top left corner) then scroll to free blackberry themes and select, then scroll to 81xx themes and select.

from your pc browser, go to forums (top left corner) then scroll to free blackberry themes and select, then scroll to 81xx themes and select. once in the 81xx forum use the search forum drop down to search specific themes.

NickAC no está en línea Stack level 3
    I actually prefer the current setup for themes (by device only). Often I'm just browsing themes, but I'm not looking for something specific. Seeing all the themes in one place makes it easier to scan the latest.