I really would like to upgrade my os to 4.5 but I really don't know ... 83xx Themes forum

bebegunz no está en línea Stack level 2

upgrade help os 4.5

I really would like to upgrade my os to 4.5 but I really don't know how to do it. If someone can be helpful and have time I would like to xchange numbers and get the help through the phone so someone send me a pm if they could help me please I will really apprecate it thank u I really need this menggg lol

jforce1 no está en línea Stack level 2
    Hi. Sorry, I can't talk to you over the phone, but upgrading to a 4.5 OS is pretty easy now. All you have to do is hook up your BB to your computer with the USB, open Internet Explorer (has to be IE. It won't work on Firefox or Chrome), and go to this page:

Then click the update button and follow the instructions. Make sure that throughout the process, your BB stays connected to your computer and be patient. The final step, "Connecting to device" takes a little bit to complete.

I hope this helps. I know there are tons of other posts and tutorials about how to do this. Let me know if you have any other questions.

soljawitstripes no está en línea Stack level 3
    Also, expect this process to take 40 maybe 45 minutes depending on the speed of your pc. DO NOT DISCONNET the usb until the propgram tells u its successfully completed. I made that mistake and had to start all over again. Patience is a must for this.

aaronclarke88 no está en línea Stack level 1
    What does os mean and what advantages does it give me??~via BB (

zeinos no está en línea Stack level 1
    My question is, i'm from mexico my carrier is iusacell, if i made the upgrade do i will loose any feature from my carrier, means tv channels or any other configuration? Thanks in advance
    ~via BB (

nefer988 no está en línea Stack level 2
    I updated my OS version with this instructions, posted at forum. The computer does everything, as long as you don't disconnect the phone.

For install instruction to load any carrier 8310 OS on your BB:

1. Back up data on Desktop Manager under Back up/restore option
    2. Back up your 3rd party apps. Instructions here-->
    *Please note: The page will prompt you to look for the correct OS version for your phone and carrier*
    3. Disconnect your BB from Desktop Manager
    4. Download desired OS to your PC
    5. Install/run OS to PC
    6. Delete vendor.xml file. It's located in c:\program files\common files\research in motion\apploader if the OS is not from your carrier.
    7. Connect BB to Desktop Manager and it should prompt the upgrade. If not click app loader and that should initialize it.
    8. Do not unplug BB during the process. It will take around 30-60 minutes to complete upgrade.

***Steps 2 is optional but recommended

The only thing I have lost so far are the default wallpapers and the sample video. Is a small price to pay to have better email and messaging quality, better features and video and voice recording capabilities. Enjoy.