So I wanted to grab your attention about a few questions I had about themes ... 83xx Themes forum

spamblockers no está en línea Stack level 2

Question Themes installed in the Application section...

Advertisement

So I wanted to grab your attention about a few questions I had about themes that were already installed on your BB. Since I'm a n00b correct me if I'm wrong however over the weekend I was successful installing a couple of themes on my phone and all was well until I noticed all the themes were installed in the 'Applications' section. Assuming all the themes are installed directly on the phone...

Wouldn't that lag your phone within time?
    How many themes would you recommed to have installed?? (at most without noticing constant slowness)
    Why would blackberry do such a thing? Couldn't it just be loaded & stored from the memory card?

And to unistall a theme(s) would you just go from the Applications list?

Thanks for help!
    Last edited by spamblockers; 02-18-2008 at 06:11 PM.
    Motorola V750, V70, V235, V300, RAZR V3, SE K510, Samsung X820, SE W810i, Nokia 3110 Classic, BB 8320 Curve
    Kindness and honesty can only be expected from the strong. -- Unknown

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!

Re: Themes installed in the Application section...

No themes can't be stored and loaded to the phone from the memory card. They do take up space on your device memory. How many themes you can keep on your bb depends on how many other 3rd party apps you have.

Just keep an eye on your free memory and try not to let it get low. Doing a battery pull or using a soft reset application can help free up memory, I do this every 3 days or so. I don't like to let my memory get below 10MB or about 10,000,000 bytes. If it gets low, your bb will start deleting call logs and messsages without warning.

To see how much free memory you have available go to Options then Status. File free tells you how much is available.

Yes you can uninstall from the Application list Go to Options>Advanced Options>Applications then highlight the app or theme you want to remove, hit menu and then delete. It may prompt you to restart in order to complete the removal. Also you can delete themes throught the Desktop Manager Apploader program.

Here's a helpful thread for making the most of the BB's memory. Also, in media options, set Device Memory Limit to the lowest possible and set the reserved pictures memory to 0 so all pics go to your memory card. This frees up a few mb of memory and leaves room for themes and apps.
    http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...call_logs.html
    Hope this helps and hope a some of your questions are answered!
    Twitter? My Apps List

Current SmartPhone: Motorola DROID Rooted, Running Project Elite v4

spamblockers no está en línea Stack level 2

Re: Themes installed in the Application section...

Wicked and thanks! I'll have to unistall the themes from DM just because if I select "delete" from the application I still have the ability to "activate" after I reboot the phone (not pulling out the battery)...btw I appreciate the response!
    Motorola V750, V70, V235, V300, RAZR V3, SE K510, Samsung X820, SE W810i, Nokia 3110 Classic, BB 8320 Curve
    Kindness and honesty can only be expected from the strong. -- Unknown