Hey- loading the .jad file onto my BB 83xx doesn't do me good because even ... 83xx Themes forum

riffman no está en línea Stack Professional

theme downloads

Advertisement

Hey- loading the .jad file onto my BB 83xx doesn't do me good because even if I choose "download" there isn't any .cod file to access, and I know the theme isn't inside the .jad file, because it is only a couple kilobytes in size. The site says bonified OTA's aren't happening, and there are no zipped files to be found, so what gives? any clues?

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA
    riffman, what theme are you trying to download?
    the LINK will end in .jad, but that is because the cod files are hosted together with the jad on a server.
    if someone just sent you the jad FILE, then i don't think it will work.

the OTA method is meant to be downloaded using your BB and your BB browser. the files (one jad and several cods) should be hosted on a server. without the hosting, the jad will simply not work.

InfinityPlayer no está en línea Stack level 3
    You may be surprised at how much information is packed into a small file like that.

They make the files small so that you don't use up too muich space of the BB's memory. So, go ahead and OTA the file to your BB and see what happens

theme downloads

I tried downloading the "joker" version of DK theme on this site, and each time I do it fails. I read a note from the admin about inability to do OTA's, so the fact that it fails didn't surprise me entirely. I know the .jad file should access .cod files on the server, but it didn't link up. And yes, I am doing this all on my bb through the html browser. I have been loading themes for some time now, so I know that OTA file loads from most sites work. I just don't understand why this theme is listed as having been downloaded many times in the last 24 hours, and yet it fails from my device every time.
    '

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA
    riffman, is the theme in a thread or listed in the download section?
    i'll try to get this solved. we need to find out who made it (if memory serves me correctly, we have a couple of DK-Joker themes) and then find out where the OTA file is hosted.
    we host a lot here on PS, so want to make sure it isn't a PS server issue as I haven't had anything reported.

theme downloads

listed in the download section- it is the one with the homescreen showing the joker's back, as he was when standing on the street with DK approaching him on his bike.

I'd really like to know how 83 downloads of this Joker OTA have occured in the last 24 hours when the .jad file still shows errors when trying to "get link" then "download"-

Ota

Quote Originally Posted by riffman View Post
    Hey- loading the .jad file onto my BB 83xx doesn't do me good because even if I choose "download" there isn't any .cod file to access, and I know the theme isn't inside the .jad file, because it is only a couple kilobytes in size. The site says bonified OTA's aren't happening, and there are no zipped files to be found, so what gives? any clues?
    I would still like to know why every time I try to do an OTA from pinstack I get "error_ invalid manifest or application descriptor.

All other sites, I click "get link", I am presented with download menu, and I commence downloading.