Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Originally Posted by prestigejunkie i´m not really sure why it doesn´t run on my 8800 ... 83xx Themes forum

raton no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    7BF68784

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by prestigejunkie View Post
    i´m not really sure why it doesn´t run on my 8800 ... both, 4.2 and 4.5
    anyone having an idea?? got enough memory...
    Welcome !!

Well, it could be your memory; depending on how many themes you got installed on your bb. I try to have at the very most 4 themes. I also don't have many programs on my bb. My question is does it download to your bb successfully? if so go to options>advanced options>Applications (let the list populate)> in there you should find the file that reads stormish if it's there and it doesn't run on your bb then it will not work on your bb because you either have a different OS than it is intended for. Good luck...let me know if not I'll send you the axl file for it so you can install it via DM.

prestigejunkie no está en línea Stack level 1

Smile

hi there raton, thanks for trying to help.
    well, i can´t download it on my bb, so you might be right, it COULD be the memory. but i wonder why, cause there are 2 themes, not very big ones. i´m gonna save them on my computer, delete the files on the blackberry and try it again...

jdrudd2 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    32C5B6FB
    Well, I reinstalled the BB OS on my PC, it was there already but I removed it and then installed it again. Still, I cannot see the theme in my theme list on the BB.

Perhaps pdxmatts is on to something: these themes may not work with the older OS that the 8703e runs on.

I think for now I'm just going to give this a rest. Afterall, it's just a theme (no offense to Raton!) . At least the rest of my phone works fine!

I do appreciate everyone's help. I will keep checking this thread to see if anyone has ideas. Until then, it'd be great if you guys added to my trust so my stack level can go up a little! Many thanks!
    JD

pdxmatts no está en línea Stack Moderator
    JD, can you try one of my themes that I did on 4.2 but with customizable icons to test the theory? Go to this thread if you want to try it out. Let me know what happens.

http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...2_theme-93115/

Smurf2598 no está en línea Themes Expert
    PIN/ID
    320FE245
    Quote Originally Posted by pdxmatts View Post
    @Raton.. I just thought of something else. If you are using 4.6 with customizable icons, it won't work for 4.2, only for 4.5. That may be why it is not letting them download it. You may have to make this theme with set homepage icons for 4.2 users. Just a thought.

That is not true i have made plenty of 4.2 themes with custom.. butttt if the user is running 4.2.2 then they will have no issue.. if its 4.2.1 sometimes the issue stands there.. such as mt Graffiti theme. i made it 4.3, 4.5 , 4.2 but it was 4.2.2 and the user had 4.2.1 os.. thats is where the issue had come..

Unfortunately you would have to be using cdk 4.5 which will successfully export to 4.2.1 if set the property permissions on that..
    [FONT=Trebuchet MS]~~ J. SMURF <~~[/FONT]

BBThemesUnltd
    --- My Site
    Follow me on Twitter
    @JSmurfy
    @BBThemesUnltd

I see. Thanks Smurf for the clarification about 4.2.2 and 4.2.1. That's interesting to know.

I remember trying to add one of my themes done on 4.6 with customizable icons as 4.2 and loading it to my 8320 and it said no apps found, so I went back and exported it as 4.5 and it worked. That is why I thought that maybe 4.2 themes may act that way when made on 4.6.
    Last edited by pdxmatts; 11-24-2008 at 09:00 PM.

PIN/ID
    32C5B6FB
    pdxmatts,

I jumped on my BB and tried the OTA links. It seemed like it downloaded okay, but when I go into the themes menu, it isn't there.

So...does that help our situation? Something to the effect of what Smurf said?
    Again, I'm running OS 4.2.1.110 (platform 2.3.0.24) and 4.2 is all Verizon will let me run on this 8703e. Now I suppose I could always TRY and install a different carrier's OS on my phone. But I don't want to mess something else up by doing that.

I think Smurf be right. When I set up my theme builder, I remember adding 4.2.2 and up. so, that may be it. Smurf, I think you solved the big mystery. Thanks so much. But, sorry for you jd. At least you got your BB dimension today back and some of the themes work now.

PIN/ID
    32C5B6FB
    Hey, no worries. At least we now KNOW the problem! That's much better than sitting here racking our brains over what could be wrong!

Thanks for all the detective work, folks!

raton no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    7BF68784
    Quote Originally Posted by pdxmatts View Post
    I see. Thanks Smurf for the clarification about 4.2.2 and 4.2.1. That's interesting to know.

I remember trying to add one of my themes done on 4.6 with customizable icons as 4.2 and loading it to my 8320 and it said no apps found, so I went back and exported it as 4.5 and it worked. That is why I thought that maybe 4.2 themes may act that way when made on 4.6.

I just did the same thing with a friend's 8330 (Sprint( running 4.3 and the same thing you said showed up. (no apps found) it was there in the apps list though using the (4.5 exported .axl) I hit next and it worked like a charm. So, I'm thinking of maybe sharing the zip file so you can install it via your DM. Let me know if you're still interested jdrudd2. I'll zip it and send it to ya

PIN/ID
    320FE245
    ur welcome i been looking for this thread...... i realized that issue with that theme i was talkin about b4.. just plain ol' stinks that that happened

BBThemesUnltd
    --- My Site
    Follow me on Twitter
    @JSmurfy
    @BBThemesUnltd

PIN/ID
    32C5B6FB
    Quote Originally Posted by raton View Post
    I just did the same thing with a friend's 8330 (Sprint( running 4.3 and the same thing you said showed up. (no apps found) it was there in the apps list though using the (4.5 exported .axl) I hit next and it worked like a charm. So, I'm thinking of maybe sharing the zip file so you can install it via your DM. Let me know if you're still interested jdrudd2. I'll zip it and send it to ya
    Sure! I'll give it a shot if you don't mind zipping those up and sending them to me. Do you wanna PM it or email it or what? Let me know. And thanks again!

PIN/ID
    320FE245
    has to be done thru email.. and best place to share that would be some 1 send some1 their email.. lol hope this helps.. and hope this solves your problems..

BBThemesUnltd
    --- My Site
    Follow me on Twitter
    @JSmurfy
    @BBThemesUnltd

PIN/ID
    32C5B6FB
    BINGO!! You did it, Raton! Sending me the ZIP files of the 4.2.1 theme worked! It installed without a hitch and looks really, really good on my phone!

Many thanks to you, my friend! But I do believe we have solved the problem: my phone needs 4.2.1, not the 4.2.2. So I will need to be more diligent when searching for themes. But that said, why would I ever want to change from such a cool theme!?

I hope this helps others out in the future. Thanks again, Raton, for all your extra work on this.

PIN/ID
    32C5B6FB
    Okay...now that I am fiddling with it....how do I get ALL the icons to appear?! And, how do I go about changing what is listed as my bottom 5?

(I'm such a noob!)

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast