Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

For whatever reason, I cannot get this theme to show up on my 8703e. I ... 83xx Themes forum

jdrudd2 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    32C5B6FB

Advertisement

For whatever reason, I cannot get this theme to show up on my 8703e. I have honestly spent the last 2 hours looking all over this site and others trying to find an answer. This is the 3rd or 4th theme that I download (via my BB) and then it doesn't show up under the "themes" menu.
    Any good ideas? Thanks all.

BTW: Really cool theme, Raton!!

raton no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    7BF68784
    Quote Originally Posted by jdrudd2 View Post
    For whatever reason, I cannot get this theme to show up on my 8703e. I have honestly spent the last 2 hours looking all over this site and others trying to find an answer. This is the 3rd or 4th theme that I download (via my BB) and then it doesn't show up under the "themes" menu.
    Any good ideas? Thanks all.

BTW: Really cool theme, Raton!!

First of, thank you! Second, what OS are you running? Are you using 4.2? 4.3? 4.5? you can tell by hitting alt/shift H

to exit just hit the end call button

PIN/ID
    32C5B6FB
    Sorry, forgot to mention that. I am on OS 4.2.
    My Desktop Manager is 4.5.

I am somewhat new to the BB world, but I do understand computers and lingo quite well. I know about the battery pulls and changing permissions to allow/prompt/deny certain things from running. I've tried all that, still not working. I do have OTHER themes on my BB that run just fine.

If it matters, I think have I have a problem with Today themes working. For example, I have a "BB Dimension Icon" and a "BB Dimension Zen" that run just fine. I have the "Blackberry iPhone Theme (87xx)..." that runs just fine. The "Black Glass 8700" that works great. BUT I have a "Pristine Today 8700" that when I click on it in the themes menu, nothing happens. I also have an "Industrial Today" that does the same thing, yet the "Industrial Zen" theme works fine.

So, could it be that my phone does not handle Today themes? Again, some of this stuff is new to me, so thanks for walking me through it all. It is nice to have a giant community like this around to help, though.

Thanks again!

pdxmatts no está en línea Stack Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by jdrudd2 View Post
    Sorry, forgot to mention that. I am on OS 4.2.
    My Desktop Manager is 4.5.

I am somewhat new to the BB world, but I do understand computers and lingo quite well. I know about the battery pulls and changing permissions to allow/prompt/deny certain things from running. I've tried all that, still not working. I do have OTHER themes on my BB that run just fine.

If it matters, I think have I have a problem with Today themes working. For example, I have a "BB Dimension Icon" and a "BB Dimension Zen" that run just fine. I have the "Blackberry iPhone Theme (87xx)..." that runs just fine. The "Black Glass 8700" that works great. BUT I have a "Pristine Today 8700" that when I click on it in the themes menu, nothing happens. I also have an "Industrial Today" that does the same thing, yet the "Industrial Zen" theme works fine.

So, could it be that my phone does not handle Today themes? Again, some of this stuff is new to me, so thanks for walking me through it all. It is nice to have a giant community like this around to help, though.

Thanks again!
    Just curious, did your BB dimension today theme that came with the phone get removed? If so, that would cause that problem. You would have to put that theme back on your phone to run today themes.

PIN/ID
    32C5B6FB
    I don't see that theme in the list. I bought the phone used off of eBay a while back, so that could be part of the problem. Should've mentioned that too!!

But the phone is in GREAT condition and has worked fine, so I didn't even think about that.

So what I should do then is hunt down that theme and install it?

I"m not sure where to find it. You may have to do a re-install of your OS to get it back. Maybe upgrade to 4.5?

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

If I bought a used phone, I would def want a clean OS on it. You never know what has been done to it.

PIN/ID
    32C5B6FB
    UPDATE:
    Found an article/how-to (that I can't link here, don't have permission yet it says)

But...
    Am going to try it and report back with my findings.

Thanks for the help!

PIN/ID
    32C5B6FB
    Yeah, I wiped it and (thought) I put a clean OS on it. I can't go to 4.5. It's a verizon phone and everything I've read says I have to stick with 4.2.

Phone is updating as we speak (type).

Why can't you update a Verizon phone to 4.5?

PIN/ID
    32C5B6FB
    I truly don't know, outside of being told that the most current version for Verizon is 4.2.

When I visit the Verizon BB OS update site, I choose my phone model, and then it says the latest version is 4.2. And, as I have been browsing around for themes and other apps, I've seen some say that they tried to put 4.5 on their 8703e and it caused problems...and I've seen some themes that say they only work with the 8703e using a 4.2 OS.
    Could this be wrong information?

And, if I WANTED to put 4.5 on my phone...where would I find it, and do I run the risk of bricking my phone??

BTW...phone is almost done updating...

I don"t have that model, So to be safe, I would stick with Verizons 4.2 for now and get your BB Dimension Today theme back.

PIN/ID
    32C5B6FB
    Well...good news & bad news:

My today themes are now working (woo-hoo!) but I tried to redownload the Stormish theme Raton posted, and it still does NOT show up in my theme menu. I did a soft reset, and also pulled the battery and did a reset that way. Still nothing.

Thoughts?

PIN/ID
    32C5B6FB
    Still having issues. I just found a theme over at hosting1.com/bb that I like. I did an OTA download for 87xx, it said it installed. I did a reboot, but it isn't listed under the theme menu.

It is a Today theme, I believe. Why do I still seem to have troubles? It leads me to think it's just my phone. *sigh*

Do a search for no apps found. I know that Cherrichiodo did a thread about this. Maybe that would help. I am on my phone right now and can't get the link for you. Good Luck

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast