Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 54

correction....i had to delete all my current service books on the bb (everyone) then resubmit ... 83xx Themes forum

  1. #16
    ziminvades's Avatar
    ziminvades no está en línea Stack level 4
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    Posts
    702

    Re: Solution for missing browser, themes, etc.

    Advertisement



    correction....i had to delete all my current service books on the bb (everyone) then resubmit the service books. the steps actually work and i thank you a million. this is so freakin cool....
    thank you again

  2. #17
    ziminvades's Avatar
    ziminvades no está en línea Stack level 4
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    Posts
    702

    Re: Solution for missing browser, themes, etc.

    ohhh gooody i got me some vendor themes..

  3. #18
    Tastic7's Avatar
    Tastic7 no está en línea Stack level 2
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    32

    Re: Solution for missing browser, themes, etc.

    Awesome, I'm glad it all worked out!

    - Tastic
    - Tastic

  4. #19
    mjacobi's Avatar
    mjacobi no está en línea Stack level 2
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    23

    Re: Solution for missing browser, themes, etc.

    just tried all the steps listed above, OS went onto the phone just fine, i've got all the themes, but still no browser. i've even deleted and resent the service books. has anyone else experienced this?

  5. #20
    mogrefy's Avatar
    mogrefy no está en línea Stack level 1
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    15

    Re: Solution for missing browser, themes, etc.

    AT&T is out... I would post the link but I'm not Level 2. Maybe someone else can...

    or you can construct it from below...

    blackberry
    .com/
    Downloads/
    entry.do?code=577BCC914F9E55D5E4E4F82F9F00E7D4

  6. #21
    mjacobi's Avatar
    mjacobi no está en línea Stack level 2
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    23

    Re: Solution for missing browser, themes, etc.

    Quote Originally Posted by mjacobi
    just tried all the steps listed above, OS went onto the phone just fine, i've got all the themes, but still no browser. i've even deleted and resent the service books. has anyone else experienced this?

    forgot to mention that i'm on T-Mobile.

  7. #22
    Rcbjr's Avatar
    Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    Join Date
    May 2006
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask
    Posts
    14,848

    Re: Solution for missing browser, themes, etc.

    Just to let you know AT&T Curve OS is now available for downloading

    Hope this helps.
    Rcbjr
    ~via My BB Curve (wap.pinstack.com)~

  8. #23
    mjacobi's Avatar
    mjacobi no está en línea Stack level 2
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    23

    Re: Solution for missing browser, themes, etc.

    will i have to any additional tinkering with the ATT OS like i did with the O2?

  9. #24
    mogrefy's Avatar
    mogrefy no está en línea Stack level 1
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    15

    Re: Solution for missing browser, themes, etc.

    Quote Originally Posted by mjacobi
    will i have to any additional tinkering with the ATT OS like i did with the O2?
    Yes, if you want to stop/disable the vendorID checks disabling some Themes. The AT&T OS ships/downloads locked to a few themes just as it would be on your 8300 now from them.

  10. #25
    mjacobi's Avatar
    mjacobi no está en línea Stack level 2
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    23

    Re: Solution for missing browser, themes, etc.

    Just downloaded the ATT software, and it didn't do anything different.

    one thing i noticed when it listed all the different apps, was that the Browser was greyed out-i couldn't check or uncheck it like the rest of the applications.

    is there something i'm doing wrong or something that i'm missing? any help would be greatly appreciated.

  11. #26
    mogrefy's Avatar
    mogrefy no está en línea Stack level 1
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    15

    Re: Solution for missing browser, themes, etc.

    Yeah, I searched for "vendorID" in the entire AT&T install directory and didn't see anything specifically limiting (or eliminating) the web browser from the 8300... I think this is a service book issue. Comparing my service books (I have the t-zones link, no browser) with those who do not (on the other bb forum site); we've found that I've been pushed service books that others were not. I didn't do anything special, just on a different entry in the Host Routing Table.

  12. #27
    mjacobi's Avatar
    mjacobi no está en línea Stack level 2
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    23

    Re: Solution for missing browser, themes, etc.

    Quote Originally Posted by mogrefy
    Yeah, I searched for "vendorID" in the entire AT&T install directory and didn't see anything specifically limiting (or eliminating) the web browser from the 8300... I think this is a service book issue. Comparing my service books (I have the t-zones link, no browser) with those who do not (on the other bb forum site); we've found that I've been pushed service books that others were not. I didn't do anything special, just on a different entry in the Host Routing Table.
    that's wierd that you'd get those service books pushed and others didn't. i've had my curve for almost 3 weeks, and i'm starting to get frustrated with not having the browser available. almost defeats the purpose of having a smartphone.

  13. #28
    mogrefy's Avatar
    mogrefy no está en línea Stack level 1
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    15

    Re: Solution for missing browser, themes, etc.

    Quote Originally Posted by mjacobi
    that's wierd that you'd get those service books pushed and others didn't. i've had my curve for almost 3 weeks, and i'm starting to get frustrated with not having the browser available. almost defeats the purpose of having a smartphone.
    Yeah, I absolutely can't explain why I would somehow get extra service books that other's do not. The only explanation that I can come up with is that t-mobile might have some type of "partial" rollout supporting the 8300?? Maybe like a market area beta test? Who knows...

  14. #29
    Tastic7's Avatar
    Tastic7 no está en línea Stack level 2
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    32

    Re: Solution for missing browser, themes, etc.

    For those of you who aren't receiving the BB browser, are you at least receiving the T-Zones browser? Also, in my experience, the AT&T OS is the cause of the missing browser, so I'd recommend using the O2 software for now, unless someone else discovers something I haven't managed to.

    - Tastic
    - Tastic

  15. #30
    ziminvades's Avatar
    ziminvades no está en línea Stack level 4
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    Posts
    702

    Re: Solution for missing browser, themes, etc.

    The O2 software worked for me.I had a little trouble mentioned above but your steps were dead on. There is a newer OS on vadafone(uk) but if the O2 works why bother.
    Thanks-you rock
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •