I was wondering if our resident theme builders would be willing to share their .thm ... 83xx Themes forum

wanska13 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    30595C68

Question for our theme builders . . .

Advertisement

I was wondering if our resident theme builders would be willing to share their .thm files with us? I like a lot of the themes that you've all made, but would like to tweak them to suit me a little more - and would like to be able to tweak them on my own, rather than have to bother you all every time. Is this something we could do? Thanks!

PIN/ID
    30595C68

Re: Question for our theme builders . . .

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    That's cool - and I respect that, but may I ask why?

(And feel free to PM if you'd rather not post here).

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b

I wouldnt share my .thm files because other users can create themes and tell people they were the developer. If I knew it was only for your own creations I wouldnt have a problem with that.

PIN/ID
    30595C68

Why, exactly, would someone want to take credit for someone else's theme? Is there a lot of fame and fortune to be had in theme creation? If so, I definitely need to reassess my career path. (Not that I don't do that on a daily basis anyhow, but I digress . . .)

Well, for what its worth - my intention is exactly as I stated in my original post above - to tweak them (mostly the fonts) to my liking for my use and my use only. I have no interest whatsoever in taking credit for someone else's work - I just don't have the time or patience to re-create the whole thing myself.

In fact, allow me to go on record here and now to say that - should any of you be kind enough to share your files with me - that I absolutely assure you that they will be used for pure and honorable purposes only - and I will be more than happy to credit whomever is reponsible.

Furthermore, if anyone ever finds me taking credit for someone else's .thm file, then I give that person permission to shoot me on site, because that probably means that I have become a bigger loser than I ever thought possible and would probably be better off dead anyhow.

PIN/ID
    30595C68

BTW - I'll be more than glad to send my email, if somoene wants to share with me, but doesn't want their file posted on the site. Again, it will be for my use and my use only.

Thanks!

PIN/ID
    3056468b

Themes have personally been taken from me and sold on other websites, so that is something I would be afraid of.

If you want I could help you learn how to make your own sweet themes. Look at me, I went from making themes like this...

To making them like this...

And I am still getting better at it. I have numerous themes I am about to load to pinstack for the newest devices, and Im pretty sure I will just keep getting better. Mypoint it, you could learn to make themes as good, or even better than many theme builders out there.

PIN/ID
    30595C68

Its not that I don't know how to make my own themes. I have Plazmic and have made several themes for my old 7290. It's just that it is very diffcult for me to get the time to re-create a full one on my own. Things like working, taking care of kids, etc. make it tough to find time for extraneous things like making themes for my BB.

As for the going to the original developer idea - I've tried that and haven't had any better luck. I asked someone here a couple weeks ago to tweak one of their themes and was told no problem, give them a few days. This past Sunday morning, I sent a friendly PM asking if they were still going to do it, and as of this typing have yet to recieve a reply. So, if the original developer doesn't want to bother, and I can't get the time to re-create one myself, I really don't have many other options.

In fact, it was that scenario that got me to post this thread in the first place. I appreciate all the effort you all put into making these things, and realize that you get a multitude of requests for personalized themes and tweaks to others. If I can get the themes, tweak them on my own and not give one of you another request to ignore, then even better.

And, for the record, Steven - I never insinuated that it took any of you only a few minutes to make a theme. I've made them before and know how much of a pain in the arse they are. However, what may take you 4-5 hours will take me 2-3 weeks, because I have other obligations.

I'm not trying to steal someone else's intellectual property (which, as a writer, is a topic I am more than sensitive about) - I just want to be able to tweak something easily without having to depend on someone else, who may not even acknowledge my request.

What I don't get is - you say you won't give your hard work to someone who just wants to tweak it, but you'll tweak it for them? What's the difference? If someone is saying, "I really like your theme except for ___," what's the difference (assuming all things are equal, ie: no one is going to try and sell the theme as their own) who tweaks it?

One more thing - and I'm giving you the benefit of the doubt since I don't know you from Adam - you really should take the time to read what you post before you post it. Your wording comes across as a litttle condescending . . .
    Last edited by cp6169; 08-02-2007 at 12:08 AM.

PIN/ID
    3056468b

wanksa, I do requests, is there anything I can do for you? I would be happy to create a theme for you, even work up a .thm file just for you. This could be a huge debate, however it is very simple for a person like me, that has lots of time to spend creating themes, to simply make a nice theme for you to work with. I would even be willing to send you some of my personally created icons, banners, buttons etc... To work with and be creative and build your own. This should turn into a debate, its not worth it. You asked a very good question, and Im sure you are satisfied with the result?

jscottbarnes no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    No-More

Nicely done guys... Each of you is super cool here on the Stacks -

Glad to see it worked out -

------------
    ~ jscott
    iPhone 3G & BOLD

PIN/ID
    30595C68

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Agreed - thanks to CP and Steven for their help!

gitchies no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    ask me

I think that is great! Need help with themes.....i'm looking for someone to do one for me.

Erick Brian no está en línea Stack level 1

I NEED SOMEONE TO BUILD A THEME FOR ME!!!
    I can design it and make all the graphics, i just need it slapped together.

sycx89 no está en línea Stack level 1

i just start biuldin themes, and i would love to have some .thm files to build off of, i hate that users have the ability to make it closed surce, it should have been open source from the get go

alamik4ever no está en línea Stack level 2

Quote Originally Posted by cp6169 View Post
    I wouldnt share my .thm files because other users can create themes and tell people they were the developer. If I knew it was only for your own creations I wouldnt have a problem with that.
    Hey how did you get your icons so cool? That's the only things I have a problem with! The icons aren't that cool for 8100, where can i get other Icons from?!