Hi all. I have an 8300 under OS 4.2 and have recently started having trouble ... 83xx Themes forum

asdf12321 no está en línea Stack level 2

Problem with themes

Advertisement

Hi all. I have an 8300 under OS 4.2 and have recently started having trouble with my themes. No matter what theme I choose, instead of getting the wallpaper of the theme, I get my carrier's stupid corporate logo, which by the way doesn't even appears under media on my memory card or my internal memory.
    I can change the wallpaper manually by using one of my own JPGs, but the theme's wallpaper doesn't appear. I have tried resetting the theme's defaults, re installing it and so on and I still get my carrier's logo which I don't know where it's stored.
    I'm not talking about the hard-coded splash screen that appears when the device is powered, but the background image of the themes.
    Last edited by asdf12321; 07-08-2008 at 11:20 PM.

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA
    how many themes do you have installed on your device?
    did you install something other than themes recently?

have you tried the ole' battery pull?
    i have seen this happen before a couple of times where theme elements weren't loaded. usually a switch to a diff theme, then back again fixed it. also a batt pull too.

Hi, thanks.
    I have not installed any app or new themes recently. A battery pull was the first thing I tried. I also tried a complete wipe-restore, with no luck.

PIN/ID
    ATA
    very odd that this has just started happening.

i notice you are on an older OS for your device. maybe an upgrade will fix it?

i have seen this in 4.3 or 4.5 OS installs, but not in the 4.2

Thanks again.
    Unfortunatelly I can't upgrade until my carrier decides to release a new version, if ever, as they have a policy against that.
    As an afterthought: my carrier recently started pushing a homescreen icon that take us to the download for MS Messenger. I have not installed the app and have hidden that icon, but now that I think about it, my problem started after that icon appeared.
    Do you think that might be causing it?

PIN/ID
    ATA
    well, i was thinking that it was BIS 2.5 service books. just a theory.
    i don't have the exact bb or exact OS, but i have never seen this happen out of the blue ... its sooo odd

and this is happening to only the custom themes you download?
    what happens if you switch it to a default them, like dimension zen or today? or your own carriers theme?

dallas1125 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    2576E92F
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    If its a BIS 2.5 problem, would resending the service books help?

PIN/ID
    ATA
    its a possiblity and i don't think could make it worse.

as for the msn messenger icon, you can go into options and delete that service book.

Hi all.
    The problem happens with downloaded themes (i.e. Surreal from mobile.blackberry.com) but not with custom themes I've made. Regarding the default themes, Zen has the problem, Today and Icon do not. My carrier does not have a custom theme (lazy bums hehe).
    Resending the service books did not help. I thought it would not, as they were resended after the wipe anyway.
    And as for as for the msn messenger icon, I wish I could get rid of it permanently. I know I can delete the service book, but it gets resended every time the device conects to the network anyway :/

dallas1125 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    2576E92F
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Messender icon, hide it is the best you could do. Maybe contact your carrier, and if they can't tell you, you might be out of luck. I don't know what's going on sorry.

My carrier is of no help. They WANT me to display their logo all the time. If I only knew where is that image stored, I could try deleting it, but as I said, its nowhere to be found, not on my internal memory or my memory card.