Ok, so here is my issue. I have started to create many themes that I ... 83xx Themes forum

johnnywhojr no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    206B9510

need assistance

Advertisement

Ok, so here is my issue. I have started to create many themes that I would love to tet and upload onto pinstack. But due to the device I am currently using the OS is 4.2.2.163 and currently there is no handheld code for this. Therefore I cannot upload anything to my 8310 because of the handheld missing. So, the only way I can test is OTA. So if there is someone out there in this wonderful world that would like to work with me on this, it would be greatly appreciated. Hope to hear from you soon. PM me if your are interested in assisting me with this. Thank you! Len!
    JohhnyWhoJr

"Proud owner of the 8110"

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b

Re: need assistance

Can you install OS from the 8300 and simply delete the vendor.xml file? You dont need to load the OS to your phone, just have it on your pc. Try that, hope it works, and please let us know.

PIN/ID
    206B9510

Yup tries that this am. DL'd the Vodafone latest. Installed it. Removed the vendor file before even plugin in the berry. Opened the DM and attempted to use the App loader to load the Verizon theme. Still states that there are no updates for my device.
    JohhnyWhoJr

greggov no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    24047dae

i think the the 8300 software will not work on an 8310 since they are different devices, which is why its not prompting you for an update.

PIN/ID
    206B9510

Quote Originally Posted by greggov
    i think the the 8300 software will not work on an 8310 since they are different devices, which is why its not prompting you for an update.
    ummm....yeah thanks. was kinda aware of that. but thanks again for the update!
    JohhnyWhoJr

Hack173 no está en línea banned
    PIN/ID
    249E4D70

This being said that means i can't load TMO 8320 OS into My AT&T 8300 because there different devices? Is that correct?