Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

You aint kiddin' modern, that's sharp........ As for you learning, I'm sure there are several ... 83xx Themes forum

jasonring no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    be kind

Advertisement

You aint kiddin' modern, that's sharp........ As for you learning, I'm sure there are several here willing to lend a hand.

Quote Originally Posted by moderncowboy View Post
    Awesome theme for a first timer. I have yet to figure out theme making so anyone who can do it has my highest respect. Again awesome job.

robertn361 no está en línea Stack level 1
    Quote Originally Posted by mzsteph View Post
    Do u lnow what os u have? You have to make sure your downloading the right theme for your particular phone model and operating system.
    I know the version I have it's 4.2 and all the themes I've been downloading are for my BB but just can't get any of them to work. I've read the tutorial on this site as well as many others and still can't get it...

mzsteph no está en línea Stack level 2
    Quote Originally Posted by robertn361 View Post
    I know the version I have it's 4.2 and all the themes I've been downloading are for my BB but just can't get any of them to work. I've read the tutorial on this site as well as many others and still can't get it...

Ok I'll try and explain this but you may h ave already tried this before. First of all make sure the theme your downloading is for 4.2 and for 83XX (if thats what you have) if its an OTA link just click on that and it will download directly to your BB. If your downloading zip files then you have to add it through desktop manager on your computer. Make sure you have that as well. (I usually download all of mine OTA) Once you download it Go to Options then Themes and when you see the theme in the list click on it and it will automatically go on your phone after a few seconds. You can also go to Advanced options then Applications and make sure its in the list. Some theme require a battery pull in order for it to show up. So thats another option, If you are downloading OTA make sure you have a data package!!

I hope this is of some help to you...Good luck!
    >>Live*Laugh*Love<<

moderncowboy no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Quote Originally Posted by mzsteph View Post
    Ok I'll try and explain this but you may h ave already tried this before. First of all make sure the theme your downloading is for 4.2 and for 83XX (if thats what you have) if its an OTA link just click on that and it will download directly to your BB. If your downloading zip files then you have to add it through desktop manager on your computer. Make sure you have that as well. (I usually download all of mine OTA) Once you download it Go to Options then Themes and when you see the theme in the list click on it and it will automatically go on your phone after a few seconds. You can also go to Advanced options then Applications and make sure its in the list. Some theme require a battery pull in order for it to show up. So thats another option, If you are downloading OTA make sure you have a data package!!

I hope this is of some help to you...Good luck!
    To add to this. If you are trying to download themes via your PC and install using Desktop manager you MUST have your phones operating system installed to your PC. Once you have done that you can then add them by opening Desktop Manager and going into the app loader and selecting browse at the bottom and navigating to the file you have unzipped to your PC. I know this is a lot to take in but if you need help with any of it just ask.

Just an update...still haven't gotten any info from anyone on how to post the zip file
    >>Live*Laugh*Love<<

pdxmatts no está en línea Stack Moderator
    You should have a folder for theme with the .axl and your .cod file in it. Right click the folder and send it to a compressed zip file. Then go to your post and edit it. Click on Go Advanced, go to manage attachments. A box comes up for you, click browse and find your zipped up file, then click upload. It will upload your zip file to your post. Then close the box and hit save on your post. That should do it.

On your next new theme thread, you can add your zip file with the little paperclip icon above the thread, but in this case you would need to edit.

download has been added!!!
    >>Live*Laugh*Love<<

Just incase you need help exporting it, this is what you do. Go to your theme in themebuilder, hit file and export. A box comes up and you choose axl, then it wants to know where you want it saved. Click on the folder tab and it will bring up where you want it to go, I would put in the desktop for now. So hit desktop and then I click make a new folder and I name the folder what the theme name is. Then you click on the folder name and go back to themebuilder, the new folder you made should now be in the spot where you want it to save. Then you choose the device and then a drop down arrow for the type of OS it is for. Then Save it. It will save it to the folder that you made.

Do the same for an ota zip. Instead of clicking on axl, you would click on jad and do the same steps as before and make a new folder in desktop for the ota file.

Now both folders are in desktop and that is where you would right click and send them to a compressed zip file. You only need to put the axl/cod file on your post, the jad ota file is the one you would use to send to someone like Cherri to make you an ota link for your theme. Hope that helps.
    Last edited by pdxmatts; 01-16-2009 at 08:55 PM.

Thank you so so much for all your help. I think I just added the zip file....

Quote Originally Posted by pdxmatts View Post
    You should have a folder for theme with the .axl and your .cod file in it. Right click the folder and send it to a compressed zip file. Then go to your post and edit it. Click on Go Advanced, go to manage attachments. A box comes up for you, click browse and find your zipped up file, then click upload. It will upload your zip file to your post. Then close the box and hit save on your post. That should do it.

On your next new theme thread, you can add your zip file with the little paperclip icon above the thread, but in this case you would need to edit.
    >>Live*Laugh*Love<<

That file is not going to work. try going through my steps to get the zip file to post.

Ok this one has to be it!!! Check it now...

Quote Originally Posted by pdxmatts View Post
    That file is not going to work. try going through my steps to get the zip file to post.
    >>Live*Laugh*Love<<

Ok, close but it is missing the .cod file. When you export the way I said it will put the axl and the cod together in the folder that you zip up, but you are getting close.

Should have two files that look like this. Click on the thumbnail to see it bigger
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by pdxmatts; 01-16-2009 at 09:14 PM.

wow I feel so slow I hope I got it this time!!!
    >>Live*Laugh*Love<<

do i add the two files separately? im uploading them both at the same time by clicking one holding control and clicking the other to upload them at the same time, is that right?
    >>Live*Laugh*Love<<

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast