Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hi guys, I installed a theme yesterday and for some reason when I went into ... 83xx Themes forum

adubrovs no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    241C8EB2

Installing a theme deleted my SMS messages?

Advertisement

Hi guys,

I installed a theme yesterday and for some reason when I went into my message folder all my text messages were gone. Has that ever happened to anyone before?

Thanks,

Eddie_gauge no está en línea Stack level 7

Re: Installing a theme deleted my SMS messages?

Quote Originally Posted by adubrovs
    Hi guys,

I installed a theme yesterday and for some reason when I went into my message folder all my text messages were gone. Has that ever happened to anyone before?

Thanks,
    Seems odd is there anything else missing? Call logs, Pictures, address book?

melissaox no está en línea Device Pro

sounds like your memory got full. Clear out what ever you can, inlcuding the log.
    Success is not final, Failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that matters.
    My Blog , My Flickr

adubrovs no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    241C8EB2

yeah, when i was downloading the theme, it told me my memory was full, so i deleted some pictures and reinstalled it. Does that mean when my memory gets full it automatically deletes my text messages???? Is there a way to stop that from happening?

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

^^ download and install the latest os for your berry. If u have an 8300 (I'm wap so can't see without clicking) then I would choose the latest vodaphone os.
    Upgrading your os will help.

Also from the home screen hold alt and type LGLG. That will bring up the logs. Clearing them, as melissa suggested will help too. Also while in the log menu you can choose menu/and uncheck all those logs. They really aren't necessary.

LocaTrini no está en línea Stack level 2

I haven't had the problem with my messages being deletd on my new curve and I hope I don't get that problem... I just tried the ALT + LGLG shortcut and enetered into my logs (never knew about this b4)... anyway, b4 I clear them, are you sure this won't have any effect on the functiong of my BB?

jasonring no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    be kind
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~hi, pardon my spelling.... I have had a similar problem, when I change themes, my bb messenger will only let me read texts I've written. I can see that someone has texted me, but it don't show up on the screen. I'm confused.. Should my general message option seperate or combine messages?????? Plese help. Pretty pretty please. Btw, this site kicks, ya'll are awsome at this theme building thing!!!

PIN/ID
    be kind
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~please don't pick on me if I just asked a stupid question..... I'm new. I've got a right to be a dork.

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!
    Hi, jasonring, I'll see if I can answer some of your questions.....

As far as messages being seperate or combined, that's up to your personal preference. Combined has all email and sms/mms messages(and BlackBerry messenger or other IM chats if the option to show in messages is chosen) all in one folder. I personally choose to have my email and sms/mms seperated. It's just a matter of what works for you.

If you have BB messenger set to show your chats in messages and have your email and sms/mms set to seperate, the BBM chats will appear in the main messages folder with your emails.

I'm not sure about your issue with messenger only showing your sent messages and the incoming ones not appearing. How do you know you got a BBM message if it's not appearing? I know low memory issues can cause texts, call logs, and emails to disappear(but I don't recall seeing this with BBM). But perhaps this is the issue, the BB will start deleting things it thinks are not needed if your memory gets low. To check your amount of free memory go to Options/Status and see what your file free is.

Post back with the amount and we'll let you know if it's too low and some ways to help increase it.

Hope this helps, and don't worry, we all ask lots of questions in the beginning, but there are always people here willing to help out. Keep hanging around here, searching and reading as much as you can, before you know it, you'll be helping out others

And you're right, PinStack has awesome theme builders, they are very creative and put out some very professional and wickedly cool themes!
    Twitter? My Apps List

Current SmartPhone: Motorola DROID Rooted, Running Project Elite v4

PIN/ID
    be kind
    I think clearing a lot of junk helped.... Free space is 1077822. I hope clearing space is a permafix. Next step I gotta learn how to to build themes, but that'll be in due time. THANKS AGAIN!!!!!!!

Jason, that amount of file free is really low!!! Reboot your BB, Alt/Rt Shift/Delete and check your file free again.~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

PIN/ID
    be kind
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ oh yeah, I forgot.. The way I know I have a text... It shows up in the " regular" messages so I can read the first few words, but when I click on it, it doesn't or didn't show the text I received. But I hope still that wiping out stuff I'm not using is a permafix. And yet again-- THANKS.

PIN/ID
    be kind
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~rebooted, now says 3073190 free 54919168 total. Don't know if that's much better?

That's a little better, but still low, try to get it up over 10 million bytes free(approx. 10mb)

Here's a thread with some suggestions to help free up memory. Also delete unused apps, don't keep more than 1 extra theme on your bb. The thread is directed towards pearl users, but most of it applies toi curve users as well: http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...call_logs.html

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

PIN/ID
    be kind
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~cool- I'll try it... Sorry if if takes me a while to get back to you, I'm at work right now.... Unfortunatly, I have to get up every so often and do something.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast