Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Made the switch from the Pearl to a brand new 8300 - (since I got ... 83xx Themes forum

Lee.Comley no está en línea Stack level 1

Gagging for themes...!

Advertisement

Made the switch from the Pearl to a brand new 8300 - (since I got the Pearl on a staff contract from o2 less than 14 days ago!) - but I really miss the cool theme I had on my Pearl, and quite dislike the default icons.

Whilst I appreciate it has barely come out I was wondering what theme builder I could possibly use, and if anyone could direct me to it...?

Thanks!

Lee

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

Re: Gagging for themes...!

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

The Plazmic Theme Builder version 4.1. Can build themes for the 8xxx series, and should work for the 8300. Use the 8700 base theme but you may have to play around with the icon size.
    You can find all the information ti need to get started in the Software and Theme development Forum useful links here on PinStack

Hope this helps.
    Rcbjr

Toddboy71 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    T o' Bee

Have you tried unlocking the vendor themes? There is a sticky on how To do this in the theme forum. You have To go manipulate the blackberry.alx file in the OS software. Its not that difficult if you're tech savvy. In fact, if you have any issues let me know, and I can download the OS tomorrow and post a link to the blackberry.alx file for it if you run into problems. Just let us know.

ikasen no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me

Don't know if you had the Pearl long enough or the Curve long enough to have a strong opinion, but which one do you like better? I have a Pearl that I love, but am having thoughts about possibly switching. I think I might be able to make up my mind when I can actually get an 8300 in my hands.

sinkers no está en línea Stack level 3

Quote Originally Posted by ikasen
    Don't know if you had the Pearl long enough or the Curve long enough to have a strong opinion, but which one do you like better? I have a Pearl that I love, but am having thoughts about possibly switching. I think I might be able to make up my mind when I can actually get an 8300 in my hands.
    I have had a Pearl since last October and switched to a Curve this morning. So far I am very impressed. Most things work like the Pearl. However on the multimedia side there are nice improvements to the GUI and I have found that access to my 2GB micro SD is much, much faster.

Hope that helps a little in your decision
    -----------------------------------------------------------
    OS upgrades are phone dependent NOT carrier dependent

PIN/ID
    Ask Me

It does help, thanks. I would like to see the difference in the size of the keys. Other than that last question, I'm pretty close to making the same decision you made.

andrewthomas no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2521F913

As i said in my review, the reduced size of the 8300 over the 8800, plus the media improvements, means if i was still on pearl (on 8700) that it would be a prefered device.
    There are some real Pearl lovers here, as well as qwerty heads, our differing opinions, needs and expectations from our devices is unique to each user, as well as actually driving new models and ranges, so long live difference! (and a wifi 83XX on Voda, PLEASE!)

It does help, thanks. I would like to see the difference in the size of the keys. Other than that last question, I'm pretty close to making the same decision you made.
    As a comparison, here is a picture of the 8100 and the 8300 keyboards side by side.

PIN/ID
    Ask Me

Nice picture comparison!! It really shows the similarities in size of devices. The keys are just as tall, although obviously not as wide, they are spaced nicely. Considering all of this plus the other improvements, by the time it is available here, I think I know which way to go.

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA

Ptb 4.1 will work for building icon only themes for the 83 and 88 versions. It is very limited. Think 8700 themes. The icon size is hit or miss too BC the 8700 icons won't fit the 88 or 83 screens.

Nice picture comparison!! It really shows the similarities in size of devices. The keys are just as tall, although obviously not as wide, they are spaced nicely. Considering all of this plus the other improvements, by the time it is available here, I think I know which way to go.
    As an ex Pearl user, one irritation is that the enter key has moved from the botom right hand corner. I keep pressing the shift key by mistake.

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA

Yes. Same on 8800. ^^ I kept doing the same darn thing.
    I guess I am just so used to the suretype I'll wait for my next Gen pearl

The 8300 will be THE blackberry that the junkies have been waiting on.

Quote Originally Posted by cherrichiodo

Yes. Same on 8800. ^^ I kept doing the same darn thing.
    I guess I am just so used to the suretype I'll wait for my next Gen pearl
    Yes, I really miss Suretype too.

evilhomer no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID

If you liked or even love the Pearl, want a qwerty keyboard but not a lot of extra size, the Curve is sweet perfection. Cherri, you are right. This is a bb junkies sweetest fix.... ahhhhhhh....
    Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand. -Homer

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

I'm running an unchanged Theme from my 8700 days. I used transparent Icons for the unfocused Icons, and for my Focus Icon for the Address Book where I Park my Focus. This was done to have a totally clear Background image in the Icon area when. The Focus Icons were made from the 7100 base theme Icons, reduced somewhat and pasted into the transparent background sized for the 8700. Well the Icons all look great and work fine, except those from the 4.2 apps are not updated and the Bright Yellow Sun that the Pearl Base theme has overides the transparent focus image I used in the theme.

Just my experience with one 8700 theme on the Curve.
    Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast