Hey everyone. Great site with lots of great advice. I have a 8310 Curve and ... 83xx Themes forum

idahogiant no está en línea Stack level 1

Curve Theme Install Question

Advertisement

Hey everyone. Great site with lots of great advice.

I have a 8310 Curve and have downloaded several of the OTA themes from Pinstack. Luv'em. The BB is a company phone and can not use the BB software - Desktop Manager. We use a BB sever at work. Is there another way of loading themes without using OTA? There are some great themes that I want to load but can not get without the DM software.

Thanks in advance for your help

chokem no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    nada

Re: Curve Theme Install Question

ive downloaded many themes on an 8700, 8100, and now my 8300, both OTA and zipped form. these are the only two ways as far as i know. your companys IT policy wont allow bb DM to be installed at all?

spamblockers no está en línea Stack level 2

I agree with Chokem about being the only 2 ways of downloading themes. However if you cannot install Desktop Manager from work why not try it on a home computer? All you need to do is download the version found on the blackberry website and install the program and away you go. Give it a shot!
    Motorola V750, V70, V235, V300, RAZR V3, SE K510, Samsung X820, SE W810i, Nokia 3110 Classic, BB 8320 Curve
    Kindness and honesty can only be expected from the strong. -- Unknown

chokem no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    nada

Quote Originally Posted by spamblockers View Post
    I agree with Chokem about being the only 2 ways of downloading themes. However if you cannot install Desktop Manager from work why not try it on a home computer? All you need to do is download the version found on the blackberry website and install the program and away you go. Give it a shot!
    Thats a great idea spamblockers had. all you need is access to a pc and download DM on it. I wonder though, if the IT policy would somehow block the attemt to sync with DM?

idahogiant no está en línea Stack level 1

I like the idea. I will give it a shot this weekend and let you kow what happens.
    Last edited by idahogiant; 02-24-2008 at 11:28 PM.

spamblockers no está en línea Stack level 2

Quote Originally Posted by chokem View Post
    Thats a great idea spamblockers had. all you need is access to a pc and download DM on it. I wonder though, if the IT policy would somehow block the attemt to sync with DM?
    I'm not so sure they would block the whole sync process but they may just focus on any apps being installed on there network. As for idahogiant, let us know if any change takes place...
    Motorola V750, V70, V235, V300, RAZR V3, SE K510, Samsung X820, SE W810i, Nokia 3110 Classic, BB 8320 Curve
    Kindness and honesty can only be expected from the strong. -- Unknown