I keep getting this error message when I try to download certain themes. It tells ... 83xx Themes forum

Knick4Life5 no está en línea Stack level 1

Cannot download certain themes

Advertisement

I keep getting this error message when I try to download certain themes. It tells me I need to search online to try to find a way to open it. Does anyone know what I have to download to my computer so that I will be able to download any of the themes?

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA
    Quote Originally Posted by Knick4Life5 View Post
    I keep getting this error message when I try to download certain themes. It tells me I need to search online to try to find a way to open it. Does anyone know what I have to download to my computer so that I will be able to download any of the themes?
    welcome to the stacks

what file extension does the theme you are trying to download have?

if the link ends in .jad, then it is an OTA (over the air -- think wireless) download and is meant to be downloaded using your blackberry browser.

if the link ends in .zip or .rar then it is a desktop download. you will need to download the file to your PC, use a decompression software like winzip or winrar to decompress the file, then use desktop manager and your PC to load the file on your bb

One I tried to download was the Rain 4.5 plus for my BB8320. The link ends in rar and when I tried to download it it say do you want to save this file or find a program online to open it.

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA
    use this link

save the file to your PC, then use the above application to 'decompress' the file.

Ok I will try that. Thanks