1.5 Hot on the heels of a (very) imperfect release version 1.0 comes a much ... 83xx Themes forum

Fergiej no está en línea Stack level 2

Question 83xx: Torn Banner Today

Advertisement

Hot on the heels of a (very) imperfect release version 1.0 comes a much tighter 1.5. I have replaced all of the icons (with a few exceptions where I just like the att ones better) with the stock Dimension icons. These just look a lot better on this background. I have also cleaned up the color scheme quite a bit. Got rid of some misc red stuff (except the focus underlay. I like that one). I just kind of "blued" it all up...
    One other thing I did was to create a few folders in the app area. Apps, utilities, messaging and games. I hate clutter. Pretty much anything I don't use regularly either get hidden or put in a folder. The screen shot below is after I cleaned up. The default folders will be blue when you install it. I hope you like the changes.

OTA Download: Torn Banner 1.5
    Desktop Download: Torn Banner 1.5

Now, it's time to get out and enjoy the sun. Enjoy all!

--------------------
    So, I finally decided to play with the 4.5 theme builder. Bit of a learning curve. Most of this is cobbled together from combination of one of the built-in themes and mostly ATT icons and a few other random bits thrown in for good measure. I really want to get some good icons for this, but this will do for now. I wanted to try something a bit different for the banner. I was just thinking of a torn strip of paper. I'd love your feedback.

How do I get a simulator that actually works for 4.5? I got the latest one from BB.com, but this theme will not work on it. All I get is the Dimension Zen theme.

Here is the OTA Install if you want it
    EDIT: If you downloaded it and got BLUE buttons on the dialog boxes and no SMS and MMS area on the today screen, please re-download it. Sorry.
    Edit2: Here is the Desktop install if OTA is a problem.
    Thanks
    Jerry
    Last edited by Fergiej; 08-16-2008 at 12:57 PM. Reason: BIG UPDATE!

Sparky1254 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    I really like this piece of work. Mostly because you place all the device detail data icons at the bottom. I'd love to see more of this along with the actual programs of your own choice right there along the bottom as well. If you can come up with a desktop download version of this I'd truely appreciate and love it. Thanks in advance! Sparky

PapaMag no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Nadda
    Nice work keep it coming

Samsung Galaxy S4
    Asus Nexus 7
    Nook Color

catstide no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    wut?
    how do you get the icons at the bottom? i could only get them on the left side:cry:

pdxmatts no está en línea Stack Moderator
    You have to choose custom in the 4.5 cdk to move them to the bottom. You choose what icons you want on the homescreen by clicking the small today or zen style gray box and keep clicking until all are chosen, then you click on the ones you don't want and click the little trash can until only the ones you want are there. Then click on reposition applications and it will highlight the icons for you to reposition them on the simulater. Make sure you scroll down past the phone to find them and drag them up to the homescreen. Hope that helps. I had to figure out how to do a theme by trial and error. It takes some time, but once you figure it all out, it get's fun and easier.

catstide no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    wut?
    thanks pdx...i'm not seeing the "reposition applications" button

greenmo no está en línea Stack level 1
    Very cool.

Quote Originally Posted by catstide View Post
    thanks pdx...i'm not seeing the "reposition applications" button
    Click the second box down in the inspector field to your left and it is in the middle of the page right under the icons that you have selected.

Back to the OP.. Very impressive for your first theme

jonnyxedge no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    28A4ED28
    looks good...i didnt know there was a myspace quick launcher
    The BlackBerry Guru

[x] My Minds Eye - Life Behind The Lens Of A BlackBerry
    [x] Pinstack Blog
    [x] Twitter

DjSmooth no está en línea Stack Professional
    Nice Theme, like the Torn Banner, I'm starting to work on some unique Buttons and Menus myself...

Fergiej no está en línea Stack level 2

Smile

Thanks for the comments everyone. It's funny, but in my screen shot above, there are actually 2 MySpace links. The one with the faked up MySpace icon is one i made using a small app you can download here called Web Shortcuts. The other one, which has a strange BB symbol with a globe in the top row, is actual;ly created in the SDK. There is a place in the apps area where you can create ONE web launcher icon. I just did MySpace for a test, but it will probably either not be there at all later or something maybe customized for different people. It's too bad there can be only one.

I'm still just not getting the whole simultor thing, either. I am actually exporting each "finished" version and installing it on the phone to test. Bit of a pain, but I CANNOT get the simulator to work. Is there a hidden download I am just not seeing?

One last question. Other than the goodies posted here, are there any other good repositories of BB icons out there somewhere? I am a lousy artist. And I don't really have THAT much time on my hands to create all those from scratch.

Once I get a "final" final version of this one finished, I'd be happy to create costom versions of it if you'd like to see different app icons on the main page. These are the ones that I use most (I really, really wish we could add non-stock apps here). How DO the developers over at , say, bplay, do customizable bottom docks? I have the iphone today+ theme and would Love to do a dock like that one.

I'll create a desktop version of thes later today as well. I'll add it to the op when done.
    jerry
    Last edited by Fergiej; 08-16-2008 at 06:46 AM.