So I couldn't sleep (I'm an insomniac) so I figured I might as well get ... 83xx Themes forum

E3BK no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    JUST ASK

83xx 4.5 theme in the works

Advertisement

So I couldn't sleep (I'm an insomniac) so I figured I might as well get crackin'.

Here's my first theme. I'm still tweaking it, making some adjustments and welcome any feedback. The first 3 are live screen shots and the last 2 are from the theme builder.

Cherri - i figured out the icon thing =). I'll check the dev section tomorrow as there is probably a simpler way to do it. Though, it didn't take me long in Photoshop. And since I've never made a theme before, I'm wondering if I'll get in trouble for using these icons =P.

UPDATE: 7.25.08

Some of the icons have changed due to licensing issues =).

But iBBuuf V1 is available for DM & OTA download HERE for the 83xx/87xx/88xx series. Pearl love coming soon.

And I did manage to make a bouncy bottom dock (no text) variation. Not quite ready for prime time, but since they are hard coded on custom themes, what should be there instead of the address book and maybe the calendar? The other icons are staying. And a little love to Pinstack for expanding my BB addiction.

Last edited by E3BK; 07-25-2008 at 07:15 PM.

jscottbarnes no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    No-More
    Quote Originally Posted by E3BK View Post
    So I couldn't sleep (I'm an insomniac) so I figured I might as well get crackin'.

Here's my first theme. I'm still tweaking it, making some adjustments and welcome any feedback. The first 3 are live screen shots and the last 2 are from the theme builder.

Cherri - i figured out the icon thing =). I'll check the dev section tomorrow as there is probably a simpler way to do it. Though, it didn't take me long in Photoshop. And since I've never made a theme before, I'm wondering if I'll get in trouble for using these icons =P.
    Looking great... that's gonna be a hot one... those icons look nice on the BB screen

------------
    ~ jscott
    iPhone 3G & BOLD

li2327 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    30D2E555
    I have a suggestion. Can you make sure that the menus on the applications are viewable. You can't read the words when you hit the menu key because the writing is too light. Also can you have the main font match a font that we already have in our blackberries. It makes it look more uniform. One more thing. Make the font small but not too small. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Last edited by li2327; 07-23-2008 at 09:57 AM.

mindbodysoul no está en línea Stack level 3

Love the icons!!! That's Hot!!

PIN/ID
    JUST ASK
    Quote Originally Posted by jscottbarnes View Post
    Looking great... that's gonna be a hot one... those icons look nice on the BB screen
    Thanks! Though I can't take credit for the icons. I'm checking with the creator of the icons to see if he wouldn't mind if I distributed these. He created them for the iPhone obviously so I don't think he'd mind if I did a BB theme =). But you just never know. Or am I just being too nice about all that? lol.

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA

ya, keep in mind the icons that are loaded here are already sized for your bb so that is the coolest thing. i ran into the same thing when first creating themes. there weren't as many theme developers out there when i first started, so i learned a lot on my own

DjSmooth no está en línea Stack Professional

Looks like its gonna be a nice Theme, there is one suggestion though - in the "Inspector" > "List" your font is a big squiggly, if you click the "A" (Anti-Alias) button that will smooth it out...

Looking forward to grabbing it when its done1

PIN/ID
    JUST ASK
    Quote Originally Posted by DjSmooth View Post
    Looks like its gonna be a nice Theme, there is one suggestion though - in the "Inspector" > "List" your font is a big squiggly, if you click the "A" (Anti-Alias) button that will smooth it out...

Looking forward to grabbing it when its done1
    Good lookin out. I will try that. I did run into a snag though. The person who created some of the icons (I did a little mix & match) doesn't want to distribute them so I won't be able to post as is (though I can give to a few friends =p). I'll get something good out though.

This is kind of addicting.

HeavyComponent no está en línea Stack level 6
    PIN/ID
    TP2 :D
    I'm on the BB and I don't see anything.

---
    T-Mobile Curve 8320 - 4.5.0.52 OS!
    [heavycomponent@tmo.blackberry.net]

--HeavyC.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

crevis24 no está en línea Stack level 2
    Those icons are SWEET...........any chance of this one being a bottom dock, L, or today +?

Great job!!

PIN/ID
    JUST ASK
    Quote Originally Posted by crevis24 View Post
    Those icons are SWEET...........any chance of this one being a bottom dock, L, or today +?

Great job!!
    Whoa whoa whoa! I'm still a newbie. =). Yes, I fully plan on *trying* to make those at some point, but this is my first theme ever so I want to get a feel for the program. Baby steps. =)

I'm going to start a new thread with the links in just a minute. I'm calling it iBBuuf...I'll explain the name also.
    Last edited by E3BK; 07-23-2008 at 11:25 PM.

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b

PIN/ID
    JUST ASK

irvin792 no está en línea Stack level 2
    excellent work

PIN/ID
    JUST ASK
    Quote Originally Posted by irvin792 View Post
    excellent work
    Thank you very much. I'm having fun ignoring my regular work. lol. Please see the first post for updates.