Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112 LastLast

not *delete* per se, but you can pick a small font, make it 1-2 pt, ... 83xx Themes forum

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA

Re: 8300/Curve Theme Problems/Issues

Advertisement

not *delete* per se, but you can pick a small font, make it 1-2 pt, and hide it behind the profiles icon

or come up with something a little more creative...

but remember, it also is the 'message line' for sms/mms

Hack173 no está en línea banned
    PIN/ID
    249E4D70

Cool. Thank You.

BLIG no está en línea Stack level 1

I have noticed that when i switched to the 8320 curve from my 8800 that all the themes i had proir no longer worked. after D/l new os i was able to capture one theme bk. now my question is the themes for 8300 are they compatible w the 8320????. i am not able to do any ota D/L in the 8300 theme page http error page not found

PIN/ID
    ATA

Quote Originally Posted by BLIG View Post
    I have noticed that when i switched to the 8320 curve from my 8800 that all the themes i had proir no longer worked. after D/l new os i was able to capture one theme bk. now my question is the themes for 8300 are they compatible w the 8320????. i am not able to do any ota D/L in the 8300 theme page http error page not found
    the themes for the 8300 WILL work on the 8320 -- but you will have to pay special attention to how the banner items are arranged (the ones i made back before the 8320 may or may not show the wifi icon ... but after the release of the 8320, i am making accomodations for that little sneaky icon ) the theme that you got to work on your 8320 was probably exported to 4.2.1 OS and perhaps that is why it is working? nto really sure. you need to make sure that you are in the 8300 OTA thread to download OTA ... not the regular zip theme thread

BLIG no está en línea Stack level 1

thanks for your reply, i am sure i am doing everything correctly, however seems i am the only one having problems so i will back track.

batrad no está en línea Stack level 1

iCurve theme issue

tooms76,

Great theme. really like the layout..don't use the phone much, only data, and this is perfect as 1/3rd the screen is not blocked for call logs

http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...d.php?p=485738

Tried to use this theme, it does not show the SMS AND MMS header on the screen (its blank). When I get an SMS, header changes to [1 UNREAD]

Also is it possible to use regular case instead of all CAPS ? having a tough time reading :-)

saladiro no está en línea Stack level 3

Hi, for the 8300, i notice somtimes when i have the TODAY theme active, and i get an email, read it, if I go to the main screen it will still say "1 msg unread" is this a know glitch. it happens every so often

PIN/ID
    ATA

batrad: inside message app, click menu/options/general/ -- scroll all the way to bottom and choose *separate* not theme controlled that should help

saldiro: you are right...seems to be a glitch. go in to messages, scroll to top, click menu and choose mark prior opened

batrad no está en línea Stack level 1

Quote Originally Posted by cherrichiodo View Post
    batrad: inside message app, click menu/options/general/ -- scroll all the way to bottom and choose *separate* not theme controlled that should help

saldiro: you are right...seems to be a glitch. go in to messages, scroll to top, click menu and choose mark prior opened
    Cherrichiodo,

thanks.. that fixed the issue. Now I see SMS & MMS header..

still would like to see this theme with standard lettering and not all CAPS if possible

macleem no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID

my current OS is the 4.2.2.171
    i downloaded the Transformers theme to a folder not on the desktop. within that folder there was the COD and the ALX files. when i use the application loader i get the error prompt about "no additional applications designed for your device were found". Am i missing a step? i was able to download the iberry theme via the OTA and did not have any problem.

Ebon no está en línea Stack level 1

Hi, I installed c2t83prestoned theme for my 8310 and the browser button will not appear on the today screen. Can you tell what I need to change to get this to work?

Thank you

PIN/ID
    ATA

Quote Originally Posted by Ebon View Post
    Hi, I installed c2t83prestoned theme for my 8310 and the browser button will not appear on the today screen. Can you tell what I need to change to get this to work?

Thank you
    ebon, welcome to pinstack...

not sure why the browser icon disappeared...sometimes when i change themes, it acts as tho it 'repushes' some of the service book items. never noticed the browser, but maybe the mail icons...they eventually (within seconds) come back to the screen.

how did you download the theme? ota or desktop?

also make sure that your bb browser isn't hidden...that is the one that will show on the today screen, not the media net browser icon

PIN/ID
    ATA

Quote Originally Posted by macleem View Post
    my current OS is the 4.2.2.171
    i downloaded the Transformers theme to a folder not on the desktop. within that folder there was the COD and the ALX files. when i use the application loader i get the error prompt about "no additional applications designed for your device were found". Am i missing a step? i was able to download the iberry theme via the OTA and did not have any problem.
    if you DO NOT have a copy of the current OS on your PC (not just bb) the desktop manager will not allow the theme to be downloaded. it needs the OS on your PC to be able to pick/choose which alx/cod files are going to work. install the OS to your PC and that error will go away.

check the last line in my signature if you need additional help

Ebon no está en línea Stack level 1

Thanks for the welcome.
    I downloaded the theme OTA.
    I'm not sure where to find my BB broswer but I'll figure that out.
    My question is about having the current OS on my PC and not just in my BB.
    I've got desktop manger version 4.2.2.14 do I now need to have OS somewhere else on my PC?
    If so, where do I download it from? I my be lost here a little, sorry.

I also check the last line in your sig as you suggested but i could not send a private message as i need at least 10 post to do so. I see you are in San Fran. I went to school there. Great place but I love Australia. born and raise in Sol Cal but home is here now.

Thanks for the help

PIN/ID
    ATA

Ebon -- California is awesome .. i <3 it here

onto OS yes, you are correct. you currently have the Desktop Manager application installed. You will also need the Device Operating System installed ... on your PC.

here is a link to the thread containing the LATEST release for your device.
    http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...ilanguage.html

here's the how to on downloading and installing
    http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...rade_your.html

Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112 LastLast