(Posted under diffferent thread, tryingin this area) I tried all the suggestions found on this ... Microsoft Windows forum

grlittle no está en línea Stack level 1

Question Windows XP, cannot use BB 8703e as tethered modem

Advertisement

(Posted under diffferent thread, tryingin this area)

I tried all the suggestions found on this site, but still cannot get the tethered modem working on my laptop.

Verizon: 8703e, 4.1.0.344
    Windows XP SP2
    IBM Thinkpad T60
    BBDM: 4.2.1.9
    BBDevMgr: 3.1.0.1
    RIM USB Driver: 3.1.0.1
    RIM USB Serial Driver: 2.1.0.3
    Verizon Access Manager: 6.2.1
    USB controller: Intel 7.2.2
    Symantec and windows firewall turned off (and about everything else in msconfig)

I can get the modem feature working on another computer (HP tower with Vista) so I am guessing there is something blocking my connection on this laptop.

Of note, our company load of software creates the following networks/adapters (and associated software)
    AT&T VPN software: AGN Virtual network adapter
    AT&T VPN software: AT&T Network Client for remote dialup using built in modem
    Internal 10/100 Ethernet and Intel WiFi

Does anyone have any ideas what other items I can look for that may be blocking the connection?

I know of at least one other person at my company with the same problem.

Verizon tried replacing the Blackberry, but it did not help and I think I di dhave this working at one time several months ago, but had to have a hard disk replaced so was given a new load of our company XP.

Thanks

MWPatterson no está en línea BES Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Plz

Re: Windows XP, cannot use BB 8703e as tethered modem

I am not sure what the problem is, you have downloaded the software form verizon and installed it correct? Also you need to make sure that you have the software installed as and Admin on the PC. It will not function correctly if not. I have installed in on ThinkPad T4X's w/ XP and have had no problems. It might also be the AT& T VPN software causing the problems too. I would try removing it if you can and then try it.

joek71 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    319CCF42

Re: Windows XP, cannot use BB 8703e as tethered modem

I have no problem with my Toshiba laptop running XP and BB 8703e from Sprint.