Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Originally Posted by sam0909 i was having the same problem on vista in order to ... Microsoft Windows forum

aaronb no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    204D4295

Re: Windows vista problems finding usb

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by sam0909
    i was having the same problem on vista in order to fix it i had to right click on your My Computer icon and select properties, then go to device manager icon and select Universal Serial Bus Controllers and if your BB is connected you should see a "!" on the BB link so right click it and select update driver online, wait a bit and it should update the driver....
    hope it works!
    i found this solution while searchin online so the credit goes to whoever suggested it! (sorry i dont remember
    anyways let me know if this worked out
    take it ezzzzzzz

tried it and no luck, it said my device and drivers are up to date, I just bought this laptop with vista earlier today as well

sam0909 no está en línea Stack level 1

hmmmm ok try this aaronb in the device manager it gives you the option to uninstall the device, do so BUT dont delete the driver folders (you will need them in a second) so go ahead uninstall it, then unplug it wait a min or so then plug it back it and let vista automatically install the unit for you and since u already saved the drivers it shouldnt be any trouble when its done it should be working
    i tried it on my frnds bb and it worked so try it and see hopefully it might work

expozure no está en línea Stack level 1

Quote Originally Posted by srl7741
    be sure to install desktop manager 4.2 and when doing so right click the install file and select install as Admin. It should work just fine. If your using the latest release of vista.
    Even if your profile gives you permissions be sure to only install within the Admin profile. It's disabled by default and you must enable that hidden profile or install as Admin.

I just downloaded the 4.2 file from RIM but when I right click on the icon there is no option to run as administrator. When I straight double click on the icon to run it, I get an error message sayin to make sure I have privleges but Im admin equivalent. HELP

Jake

kmann1414 no está en línea Stack level 1
    Right click on device in device manager, update driver software, browse my computer for driver software, browse to C:\Windows\winsxs (make sure to check "include subfolders), you will get a error saying "Windows Can't verify the publisher of this software", click Install this driver software anyway. Should install with no problems.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12