Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Is there anyone who has downloaded windows vista and having problems with blackberry not being ... Microsoft Windows forum

mlguinn no está en línea Stack level 1

Windows vista problems finding usb

Advertisement

Is there anyone who has downloaded windows vista and having problems with blackberry not being recognized. This is my problem and have tried everything to fix. Very frustrating.

srl7741 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Retired
    be sure to install desktop manager 4.2 and when doing so right click the install file and select install as Admin. It should work just fine. If your using the latest release of vista.
    Even if your profile gives you permissions be sure to only install within the Admin profile. It's disabled by default and you must enable that hidden profile or install as Admin.

williamlc21 no está en línea Stack Lead
    What brand of computer system are you running this on? Just curious because a few people have had the issue and they had the same pc.
    Last edited by williamlc21; 11-21-2006 at 09:04 PM.
    "I'm the best there is. And even if you beat me, I'm still the best." -Fast Eddie Felson(The Hustler)

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA
    The new Microsoft OS Upgrade...its called Vista

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask
    mlguinn, Welcome to PinStack.

Let us know if there is anything else we can do to help with this problem or your BB.

Rcbjr
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

Cant recognize usb on vista

I do have the desktop 4.2. im using a ibm x41 tablet. I have tried to download the attachment service but cant open it once I download it. getting more frustrated. I also am a subscriber to msdn to download the latest beta version but it wont allow me to access it on the net.

cant find file

when i connect my bb it says to locate drivers. I know the drivers are in the folder and it sees them it just says it cant find them. any help would be appreciated.

GotPearl? no está en línea Stack level 5

Re: Windows vista problems finding usb

I am having the same problem as mlquinn just on a HP dv9000 it vista finds it just not the DM and sp2 won't open!

series335 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    31E6D6FD

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    I too am on an HP DV9000. Having problems with Vista home premium. Cannot get Bluetooth connect to my Pearl.

woodi68 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    woodi68

I can't get it to recognize my BB via USB.... at all after several installs and uninstalls.

woodi68 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    woodi68

Thumbs up Re: Windows vista problems finding usb

I found it! I believe I found the solution to this USB/Vista/BB connections! I read somewhere that you need to plug the BlackBerry into your machine and then run Windows update.... well, it worked! I plugged the BB into the USB, then when I ran Windows Update it found an "optional" RIM update! It wouldn't find the update, but with the BB plugged in it did!

Hope this solves ALL of these problems! (Though now I have to figure out Bluetooth and VZAccess/dial-up)

xSteveO no está en línea Stack level 2

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

sam0909 no está en línea Stack level 1

i was having the same problem on vista in order to fix it i had to right click on your My Computer icon and select properties, then go to device manager icon and select Universal Serial Bus Controllers and if your BB is connected you should see a "!" on the BB link so right click it and select update driver online, wait a bit and it should update the driver....
    hope it works!
    i found this solution while searchin online so the credit goes to whoever suggested it! (sorry i dont remember
    anyways let me know if this worked out
    take it ezzzzzzz

jimdab no está en línea Stack level 2

This is a pretty major freaking problem I see and I am also the newest victim.

I bought a USB Bluetooth 2.0 dongle from Fry's for $15 though, I kinda expected something like this.

I just went through 30 mins of uninstalls, reinstalls, and reboots and safe mode command prompts, and transferring files list to my bb over email and I bet nobody knows what I'm talking about. I just did what I thought would be the answer but it didn't work for me. I bet it will work for some of you guys, give it a try. I found it by Google so it must be safe, lol. http://www.telusplanet.net/public/wladykad/

SO IS THERE A RECOMMENDED USB DONGLE FOR VISTA OR WHAT?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast