do you think it would be good if rim switched to windows mobile os.to me ... Microsoft Windows forum

jbj9871 no está en línea Stack level 3

windows os on blackberry

Advertisement

do you think it would be good if rim switched to windows mobile os.to me microsoft makes the best os like them or not . ive used linux unix etc, but i have got far more work done on windows but never used it on a mobile but i would not mind seeing the best os and third party software on the best smartphone the blackberry
    Last edited by jbj9871; 01-31-2007 at 06:51 PM.

luckem no está en línea Stack level 1

Re: windows os on blackberry

I would agree, Windows Mobile on a BB device would be ideal for my useage. I would go out and purchase a Motorolla Q right now, but I'm not a fan of the ultra wide, but slim form factor.

dkozinn no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23f260fb

In a nutshell, the BB OS is far more stable than any flavor of Windows that I've ever seen. It's also optimized for that particular type of device, whereas Windows Mobile (which is the closest thing they have) does a lot of "stuff" that isn't necessary.

A lot of what makes the Blackberry good is the fact that it's a "controlled environment", and that the OS is purpose-specific (though third party apps are certainly supported.)

Just my opinion.

If you really want to get Blackberry functionality on a Windows Mobile device, I think there might be some out there that support Blackberry Connect, though from what I've seen on another type of device (Symbian OS), the experience isn't nearly as good.
    David

sn1p3r no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me

A lot of you in here are not professional but since I use my Berry a lot I would not like to see WM5 on it since you can't do more than one thing at the time and I do a lot of multi tasking

I tried a PPC 6700 a month ago and tried to work with it like my BB and it crashed 3 times in 30 mins :P
    I'm french canadian so I can also help you in french, just PM me
    UNLESS it is for a BETA OS, it's at your own risk and I won't support it
    Sn1p3r

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!

I would not like to see WM on a BlackBerry. As for BlackBerry Connect, there is a new T-Mobile Samsung phone that supports that but you would be giving up a lot of BlackBerry features, like BlackBerry Messenger.

Dubdub no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    23FEFDC4

No Windows on a BB --- PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!! That would be one of the worst thnigs that could happen. The BB O/S is just too bulletproof right now. WM5 is not and probably never will be for that matter.

I would have to go to a Nolkia E62 or whatever the follow on is.

spikus no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    317a9127

no that would be bad...i had a wm5 unit...way too many problems, plus it is not very easy to navigate with one hand like the blackberry is.....bb it is a simple os but very stable and offers many 3rd party apps.....windows just tries to do too much, that they wind up slowing down the system and ease of use....just my personal opinion though
    ya

317a9127

archer6 no está en línea Stack level 8

From a lot of personal experience with Treo's a Moto Q and a Blackjack I can honestly say that none of these are very good.

However it depends on your needs. If you do not mind a device that is slow & hangs or freezes, then you might be able to live with one of these. Especially if you are simply buying it for entertainment & other non-essential work.

After using WM5, palm & symbian devices, I finally tried BlackBerry and there is a world of difference.

BB's are fast, stable, secure, and always work. Multitasking is really fast and functional. There is so much you can do with a BlackBerry since you are not wasting time waiting for it to recover from a crash or other time wasting malfunction.

I cannot imagine using anything other than a BlackBerry now that I know better.

Cheers ...via 7130c

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

takeshi no está en línea Stack level 7

Wasn't this just discussed recently?

One of the top reasons I use BB's is because of their stability. That's what makes them "best" IMO. It's extremely unlikely that the Windows Mobile OS could be ported and improved enough to make it as reliable as the BB OS.

Whether or not Microsoft "makes the best OS" is debatable and is subjective anyway. As with anything what's "best" for one person isn't necessarily the best choice for everyone. Each person has different needs and wants.

If you want WM5 then why not use WM5? I'm not sure I understand why you think the Blackberry is "the best smartphone" if you feel that the OS is so lacking. Perhaps you should suggest the features that you're looking for to RIM: bbsugguestions@rim.com.

jlesh no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23D95340

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~That will NEVER happen(Thank God!). BB OS is about a million times more stable than MS. Although there are certain things that MS offers that BB doesn't by itself, and I agree they would be convenient if built in, you can certainly get 3rd market apps to fill those needs. These are two competing platforms so don't hold your breath on them getting together. BlackBerry has there own OS so they don't need anyone elses ans so that the devices do the things that they can that others can't.

archer6 no está en línea Stack level 8

Quote Originally Posted by jlesh
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~That will NEVER happen
    Agreed!

Quote Originally Posted by jlesh
    BB OS is about a million times more stable than MS.
    Agreed! And lets not forget the other lesser OS's as Palm, Symbian, etc.

Bottom line, if you want to play around there are lots of choices that provide a different experience.

However there is a big IF?

IF, you want stability and a crash free device that has a proven track record, that will get the job done every time, the choice is easy: BlackBerry (it even comes in your choice of size and keyboard type)

Cheers...

jbj9871 no está en línea Stack level 3

my bb does what it does well i just think now were moving into the do all smartphone era. maybe the 8800 will have all that im looking for cant wait till it comes out

ntajhn no está en línea Stack level 1
    I would't like to see WM on a BlackBerry device, BBerry OS is far more stable than any of Windows that I've seen. It's also optimized for that particular type of device.