Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hi everyone. I just got my new pc and tried to load DM and it ... Microsoft Windows forum

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!

Windows Media Center and DM

Advertisement

Hi everyone. I just got my new pc and tried to load DM and it installed but its not charging the phone at all. The only version I have now is the 4.0 CD that came with my 7105t. When I insert the CD, it asks if I want to install software again. Problem is that I will not have internet service until Tuesday. Is there a way I can get this to work until my internet is back up and running?

Re: Windows Media Center and DM

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ Forgot to mention that when I try to use DM, it says disconnected at the bottom of the status bar.

melissaox no está en línea Device Pro

Check the USB port. If the BB is not charging it might not be connecting to the machine.
    Success is not final, Failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that matters.
    My Blog , My Flickr

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ USB port on the bb is fine. I just connected a home wall charger to it and its working. The bb appears to be connected to the pc and the usb port is brand new on the pc. I've made sure its not loose. I get an error message saying the device may not work properly due to software not being installed.

racinrocker no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    24b4c6de

Did you load your current OS onto your new computer along with the DM ?

PIN/ID
    24b4c6de

oh also Erica, new puter have firewire and usb are you sure you are plugged into the USB 2.0 What type of Computer did you get.. My compaq had Media Center 2005 It was nice but i didnt really use any of the function so , i just keep the light scribe software a a few other software packages that came and put back XP Pro.

jlesh no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23D95340

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~When you plug the USB cable with your BB attached does yor PC pick it up and a little window pop up detecting the device? You may need to manually install new hardware through control panel. That sounds like it could be the problem. Good luck.

PIN/ID
    24b4c6de

Question Re: Windows Media Center and DM

Quote Originally Posted by jlesh
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~When you plug the USB cable with your BB attached does yor PC pick it up and a little window pop up detecting the device? You may need to manually install new hardware through control panel. That sounds like it could be the problem. Good luck.
    Ya know thats what i was thinking at first but when i re-read her post a new computer should already have the hardware drivers installed for the usb ports. dont ya think?

PIN/ID
    23D95340

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~One would assume, but ya never know. It sounds like the culprit, given that all the other possibilities seem to have been ruled out. It seems to me that the PC isn't recognizing that a device is installed and if the USB cable is functional I can't think of any other reason the device wouldn't be connecting. Of course, I may be wrong. God knows it wouldn't be the first time. EricaJ, please post what the problem turned out to be once you resolve this. I think myself and racinrocker are curious to know. If it's not what I suggested then I am definitely stumped on this one. If you want to try and install a newer version of DM, could you possibly download it at work or a friend's place and burn it onto a CD? You can give that a shot but I doubt it is the cause of the problem. 4.0 should be 100% compatible with the newest version Media Center. Good luck once again.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~Racin, its a Toshiba Satellite with windows XP media center. I'm thinking about uninstalling and reinstalling the software and see what happens.

PIN/ID
    23D95340

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~Erica, I have XP Media Center and I have been playing around with the "Add Hardware Wizard" to try and figure this out for you and I would definitely give this a shot. It should at least tell you if the device is installed. If it is you may be able to troubleshoot the problem, and if not you can install it. Connect your BB. Click your Start Menu and select Control Panel. Select Printers and Other Hardware. On the top left side of the window, select Add Hardware. Click Next. If the Wizard finds the device it means that the hardware was not installed. Follow the directions to continue and install the device and that should solve your problem. If it does not find the device, chances are that it is installed and there may be another problem. Select Yes, I have already connected the hardware and click Next. Scroll through the list of Installed Hardware and look for BlackBerry Device. If you find it that means it is installed. If you don't find it I would try uninstalling and reinstalling the software and disconnecting the device until after you have reinstalled. If found, select it from the list and click Next. The following screen will tell you if the device is working properly. From that following screen you can start a Troubleshooter if the device is not working properly by simply clicking Finish. This should hopefully solve the problem. Feel free to PM or PIN me if you need any additional help.

erick no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23ff9086

Hmmmmm, sounds like the driver is gacking when you plugin the usb device. Do you see any yellow excclamation marks in the device manager when your BB is connected to the USB port? If you do see a yellow ecclamation remove the BB from the USB port, does the yellow excclamation go away?
    The first step to curing your (Blackberry) addiction is admitting your addicted. What addiction, I don't have an addiction!!!

woodi68 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    woodi68

Thumbs down Re: Windows Media Center and DM

Quote Originally Posted by EricaJ1073
    Hi everyone. I just got my new pc and tried to load DM and it installed but its not charging the phone at all. The only version I have now is the 4.0 CD that came with my 7105t. When I insert the CD, it asks if I want to install software again. Problem is that I will not have internet service until Tuesday. Is there a way I can get this to work until my internet is back up and running?
    I have a Dell Laptop running Media Center and 4.0 works fine on mine. I can also charge and synch.

PIN/ID
    24b4c6de

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~notice that there is a bb hardware driver on ms website. But that shouldn't matter. Have you tried using another usb port? Make sure u reboot computer after uninstalling dm, before u re-install

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ Just an update. I have tried installing dm 4.2 and am still having problems. It didn't install correctly and asked for some missing file. I can't remember what that was but will post it if I see it again. For now I'm using the wall charger and will install ota until I figure this out.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast