I installed the $39 Windows 8 Pro on my Eee PC Netbook about a month ... Microsoft Windows forum

Windows 8 on a Netbook

Advertisement

I installed the $39 Windows 8 Pro on my Eee PC Netbook about a month ago, direct download and install from Microsoft. It basically turned my aging netbook into a new computer - it is great. The machine boots up faster, runs faster, and the ui (the new start page) is well done, especially intuitive if you're used to the Windows Phone 7.5 interface. It's even running better than when I had Ubuntu on it. Anybody else running Win8 on a netbook?

KTW
    KTW no está en línea Stack level 5
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Stone View Post
    I installed the $39 Windows 8 Pro on my Eee PC Netbook about a month ago, direct download and install from Microsoft. It basically turned my aging netbook into a new computer - it is great. The machine boots up faster, runs faster, and the ui (the new start page) is well done, especially intuitive if you're used to the Windows Phone 7.5 interface. It's even running better than when I had Ubuntu on it. Anybody else running Win8 on a netbook?
    well not a notebook exactly. I'm planning to purchase a laptop running Windows 8 very soon. interns of your pc, what specs dose it have (wondering if my mom's laptop would handle it and how well, also , can you use all the gestures with the mouse pad ?

gabbyfree407 no está en línea Stack level 1
    Windows 8 is totally new compare to previous windows version but if you will get yourself be familiar in the new look and its use. You'll gonna like it.

smyross no está en línea Stack level 1
    I’m happy with my AO725 never I feel that need to update it. It comes with Linux.