I've been running W7 since they released the beta ISO load. I'm running the x64 ... Microsoft Windows forum

tavella81 no está en línea Stack level 3

Windows 7 build 7000 - Blackberry info

Advertisement

I've been running W7 since they released the beta ISO load. I'm running the x64 version. I had a few issues with the OS and compatibilty with DM, Sprint SmartView, and alot of other programs but I come with solutions. I am not sure if the same issues are experienced with the x86 version but this may provide some assistance. Let me begin with I upgraded from Vista x64 SP2 beta. I helped a few people at my job with a fresh install and this actually caused more problems than the upgrade process.

Desktop Manager - The software was preinstalled in Vista. After the upgrade to 7, DM did not recognize the phone. Uninstall and reinstall begining with the USB drivers then finish it off with the DM. I run 4.7 and the only issue I've had was upgrading my 8330 to 4.5.0.119. I was told I should have turned off my wifi connection. User error possibly. I did my upgrade on the other pc running Vista x64 SP1.

Sprint SmartView - You will NOT get this to install or operate unless it is installed in Vista before an upgrade to Windows 7 is installed. After the upgrade, the SmartView software would not detect the phone. I downloaded the lastest build and attempted to install it. I had an error stating the driver would not install because of the OS not being supported. I clicked ok and after it failed, I clicked on the SmartView icon on the desktop and after hooking the phone up, it detected my 8330 and worked perfectly.

If you're having problems installing Google Chrome, Apple Safari, or anything else, PM me. I had found a few registry edits and had to disable the problem reporting in the gpedit.msc functionality. I credit the explorer.exe and chrome installation fixes to blogsdna.com.

*** I'm not sure what's up with blogsdna.com but it appears to be displaying executible code. Might be over reacting, but something doesn't seem right with it. ***
    Last edited by tavella81; 02-01-2009 at 02:39 AM.

Update to upgrade the OS of your Blackberry while using Windows 7.....

Don't try it. Once the upgrade turns off the radio and reboots the phone, it will just sit there until you pull the battery. I noticed this when doing a battery pull while the phone is connected to the PC via USB. For now, stick to Vista, XP, etc. I tried to trick the DM upgrade by pulling the cord and plugging it back in. It switched from "Uploading RAM image" to something about the JVM. After the second pull, I had a message stating "Reconnecting to JVM" and then the upgrade errored out.... Maybe DM 4.8/5.0 might be able to fix this issue. Appears to be driver related so I think I'll hold off. No need to brick the 8330 while playing with Windows 7.

diabloboi87 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    31cdb8ca
    A note with installing apps. Windows 7 does have compatibility mode so I would try that when installing apps. to do this right click on the exe select properties and go to the compatibility tab and select the appropriate os. Dm will not work in windows 7 so I've resorted to running a xp vm in vmware to do the upgrades but other then that by using compatibility mode I haven't had other app issues.
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

I have not had to run compatibility mode on any software in order to make them work. The programs I've had issues with (DM, Sprint SmartView, Adobe Acrobat 9, Adobe Viewer, Java, etc) were fixed by reinstalling the software on top of what was already there from the upgrade. I've only been sucessful by upgrading from Vista and not from a fresh Windows 7 install. I'm running DM 4.7 on Win7 x64 build 7000 with a problem except for the device software upgrade.

If you notice that IE8 is opening windows and tabs HORRIBLY slow, go to tools, manage the add ons, and disable the Java SSV addons. Java still appears to work and IE8 (for what it's worth..) will act normal (well... as normal as it can ) again.

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Weird ... Ive been using Win7 Build 7000 on my MacbookPro for a while now and EVERYTHING works.
    Desktop manager, google chrome, safari NOTHING has given me an error as of yet.
    I am actually typing this right now on google chrome while updating my girlfriends pearl on windows7

Strange..

Sirthinks no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    2831A313
    I am running Windows 7, 7000. I haven't had any issues. Other than Windows itself causing some issues, my BB and Plzamic stuff all works fine.
    If you want to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first create the universe. - Carl Sagan

Sirthinks no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    2831A313
    Quote Originally Posted by ranxoren View Post
    Weird ... Ive been using Win7 Build 7000 on my MacbookPro for a while now and EVERYTHING works.
    Desktop manager, google chrome, safari NOTHING has given me an error as of yet.
    I am actually typing this right now on google chrome while updating my girlfriends pearl on windows7

Strange..
    Gotta love having a gf with a berry when yours are all gone.....
    If you want to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first create the universe. - Carl Sagan

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirthinks View Post
    Gotta love having a gf with a berry when yours are all gone.....
    i know right ? lol now if only she had NORMAL blackberrys i could use lol. She has a Pink Curve 8310 with an engraved girly back and two little diamonds thingies which has yet to recover from a lack of OS (working on it as we speak but even if i fix it its TOO girly lol) and a Sandstone 8120 (pink and white) which she uses...

rashard no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    208FBA40
    You've been using Windows® 7 for a while now, and we hope you've been enjoying a simpler PC experience. Because you've been a loyal Windows customer, we're offering you the Windows 7 upgrade at a great introductory price* - only $49.99 for Home Premium or $99.99 for Professional. It's our way of saying thanks for trying it out. To take advantage of this deal, pre-order your copy while supplies last.

You live close to a Microcenter Prices are 39 and 89 http://www.microcenter.com/storefron.../preorder.html
    It takes many professionals versed in many different area's to help the masses, I am just a single drop in that pool.

BXXXX[:::::::::::::::::::::::::::>