Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

There, I just got it installed on my MacBook Pro (yeah i know latest windows ... Microsoft Windows forum

PIN/ID
    AskMe

Windows 7 Build 7000

Advertisement

There, I just got it installed on my MacBook Pro (yeah i know latest windows 7 on latest MacBook Pro ironic huh) lol.
    And i must say, for Windows this is PRETTY GOOD. Really fast, nice to look at, functional.
    Basically, to me, Windows 7 is Windows XP with a Vista Skin and a lot of kernel improvements.
    I am definitely not thinking of switching to a Windows computer (hardcore Mac FanBoy here) but this is a huge improvement and i am glad to see that when i need to use windows i can finally do it in peace .
    Anybody else played with Windows 7 ?

Maxx730 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    31bf8ee1
    linux is the best...
    sorry i had to say it, I have used windows and mac before and linux has been the best

macallik no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    AskMe
    I have the beta, but have yet to install it and test it. .
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    I use all three - have a triple boot on this machine - and i must say while i think MacOSX is way better than any Windows iteration, Linux is not comparable as I see it in another category.
    i use it extensively because of its ease of programming and open source community.

Maxx730 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    31bf8ee1
    I have used both and linux has had the least amount of trouble and the best performance, and the crazyiest thing is... ITS ALL FREE!!!
    Last edited by Maxx730; 01-01-2009 at 03:16 PM.

PIN/ID
    AskMe

s2kneSs no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    ASK
    Quote Originally Posted by ranxoren View Post
    There, I just got it installed on my MacBook Pro (yeah i know latest windows 7 on latest MacBook Pro ironic huh) lol.
    And i must say, for Windows this is PRETTY GOOD. Really fast, nice to look at, functional.
    Basically, to me, Windows 7 is Windows XP with a Vista Skin and a lot of kernel improvements.
    I am definitely not thinking of switching to a Windows computer (hardcore Mac FanBoy here) but this is a huge improvement and i am glad to see that when i need to use windows i can finally do it in peace .
    Anybody else played with Windows 7 ?
    Hey what are the system requirements to run W7? Is it really that much better thab Vista? To tell you the truth I don't like Vista's functuality and performance when it comes to comparing it to XP. If this is indeed XP with the Vista UI I would be more than happy to run this OS. This should be finished by 2010 I assume.

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    I was going to write you a little something but i just read this :

http://blogs.zdnet.com/hardware/?p=3236&page=1
    http://www.engadget.com/2009/01/03/w...nd-xp-in-real/

See for yourself

Win7 is AMAZING but i still prefer MacOSX.

i would love to try the beta how can i get my hands on it?

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Quote Originally Posted by MackDaddy135 View Post
    i would love to try the beta how can i get my hands on it?
    To be honest, google it or have a friends that's involved in the Microsoft developers program.

ssnxp no está en línea Device Pro
    Ranxoren! I was thinking of running W7 with bootcamp.. Did you use parallels? Or Fusion?

s2kneSs no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    ASK
    Quote Originally Posted by ranxoren View Post
    I was going to write you a little something but i just read this :

http://blogs.zdnet.com/hardware/?p=3236&page=1
    http://www.engadget.com/2009/01/03/w...nd-xp-in-real/

See for yourself

Win7 is AMAZING but i still prefer MacOSX.
    I just read through those links you posted and W7 sounds promising to me even though it is still under its beta stages.This will definetely be the Windows OS to run when it comes to selecting if it still continues its path to performance.

darryl71 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    retired
    I just put it on my laptop and its working pretty good.... slow at times, but pretty slick !

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Quote Originally Posted by ssnxp View Post
    Ranxoren! I was thinking of running W7 with bootcamp.. Did you use parallels? Or Fusion?
    running it on Bootcamp. I use to SWEAR by Parallels and Fusion but now i find Bootcamp to be MUCH MORE reliable.
    Also one thing to point out is that after you get Win7 installed on Bootcamp, do the same thing as you would do with any other windows install aka put your MacOSX Install disc so the iSight and trackpad as well as graphic card get their drivers installed.
    What i wanted to point out is that EVERYTHING worked perfectly with Win7 and I have to say im impressed.

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Quote Originally Posted by darryl71 View Post
    I just put it on my laptop and its working pretty good.... slow at times, but pretty slick !
    Maybe your laptop doesnt meet the min requirement (does it ?) because ive installed it now on my friends windows laptop and its never slow (same on my MBP).

did you delete the vendor.xml ? lol jokes

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast