Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Doubtful. I didn't have to pay a dime for Ubuntu Linux... Microsoft Windows forum

green_light no está en línea Stack level 3

Advertisement

Doubtful.

I didn't have to pay a dime for Ubuntu Linux

chokem no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    nada
    I got a new Dell Studio 15.5 for Christmas with Windows 7 installed. I really like it, used XP for a few years, then got a new Dell desktop about a year ago with Vista. Windows 7 is def the best, no issues at all.
    ​Galaxy S4 Red

srl7741 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Retired
    I installed W7 on my Mac and I have to say I like it much better than Win V. I also thought XP was pretty good and never had any issues with it tho. Between OS X and W7, XP is looking pretty dated so I think it's time to leave it behind and move on.

raton no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    7BF68784
    Quote Originally Posted by srl7741 View Post
    I installed W7 on my Mac and I have to say I like it much better than Win V. I also thought XP was pretty good and never had any issues with it tho. Between OS X and W7, XP is looking pretty dated so I think it's time to leave it behind and move on.

Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7D11 Safari/528.16

Woooooooot??? Dated, you said? Oh man I guess Ima have to get me a copy of this shenanigans over the weeken long stormy weekend so I guess I'll be upgrading my beast to windows número siete then. I hope it's compatible with games and all.

srl7741 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Retired
    XP was a staple for so long

When I switch back and forth between the two it's shocking in appearance. Stable all all get up but it's time to say "Bye, Bye"

jayberry404 no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    RUKIDDIN

Windows 7

Altogether Windows 7 seems to be a big improvement for the Windows platform. Much better than Vista though it seems to be a tweaked for the better version of Vista .
    Enjoy life.....You only have ONE !!!

captain_tinker no está en línea Stack level 2
    I've been running Windows 7 for quite some time now. I have to say I'm very pleased. I find it's the little small additions and changes that really make it for me. At first I hated XP, but grew to love it. Then I hated Vista, but the more I used it, I found it to be rather useful in a lot of ways. It had it's problems, but with a good clean install, and some good stable hardware, it worked well. Win7 is a lot like Vista in a lot of ways, but a bit more streamlined, with more features, etc. Drivers for it have fixed most of the odd problems I had in Vista. It's a good platform for daily internet use, word processing, occasional gaming (I'm not a gamer at all, but it does work with the few I've tried), and other basic computing needs. In other words, as a workstation, it works fine. Mac's probably do do, I'm not sure if either is "better", but rather, choose which one works best for your personality and needs. I've not used a Mac in quite some time, not because I don't like them, but because I haven't had the opportunity, and Windows meets my needs just fine. Now, if you are looking for a server, that's a different story. I have a Vista box that I use as a DVR (Windows Media Center) and several kinds of servers, web, file, music, blackberry sync (Funambol), mail server etc. It has been fairly stable, and I only have to reboot when updates require it. I would prefer maybe a linux box for some of these uses, but I don't have any other boxes available right now, nor any place to put another one. So it works fine for now.

jkelley1985 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    3069F957
    I have a brand new computer that was PAC

jkelley1985 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    3069F957
    I have a brand new computer that was packaged with windows 7 and I have to admit I kinda love it! Not even a hiccup for me. As always keep the updates current etc. But its very good and stable too. Only gripe is some sftware isn't 64 bit compatible

chokem no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    nada
    I'm probably going to stick with W7, partly because I'm too cheap to upgrade and partly because I really like it.
    ​Galaxy S4 Red

loftconversions no está en línea Stack level 1
    I have been using windows 7 for years and I like it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12