[FONT=Calibri]Please be gentle as I am a Berry/PC virgin so my understanding may be somewhat ... Microsoft Windows forum

dtutton no está en línea Stack level 1

Vista, DM and OEM Bluetooth Stacks

Advertisement

[FONT=Calibri]Please be gentle as I am a Berry/PC virgin so my understanding may be somewhat limited. [/FONT]
    [FONT=Calibri]My general question is can we expect the 4.3 Desktop Manager variant to be somewhat more Vista Bluetooth friendly? [/FONT]
    [FONT=Calibri]At this point we have a RIM requiring the use of the Microsoft BT stack provided with XP SP2 as the architectural changes in the Microsoft Vista BT stack remain a mystery for DM 4.2. Microsoft provides further ‘assistance’ by stripping out previously supported BT profiles in the MS Vista BT variant. Reverting to the XP SP2 BT stack poses software support/warranty issues for those blessed with a third party stack such as Toshiba BT (OEM variant as provided on Sony platforms). Although my experiences with Sony support has been as productive as stepping on doggy poo one is still fearful of voiding warranty via software reversions.[/FONT]
    [FONT=Calibri]The lack of cohesion between components means many of the RIM BT capabilities are functionless on anything other than XP. [/FONT]
    [FONT=Calibri]Does anyone know if this will improve with DM 4.3? Will the MS Vista BT Stack finally be supported? [/FONT]
    [FONT=Calibri]Many thanks for any comments.[/FONT]

dtutton no está en línea Stack level 1

Re: Vista, DM and OEM Bluetooth Stacks

Also nice to see cut and paste worked so well with the Font insertions. Sorry, as stated a newbie I am.