Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Honestly, if this is gonna be a bash Vista thread it won't help the OP, ... Microsoft Windows forum

ANTC no está en línea Stack level 1

Advertisement

Honestly, if this is gonna be a bash Vista thread it won't help the OP, 98 Percent of you posted about "experiences" they had with Vista when you've never used it. Vista SP1 has to be just as stable an OS as XP...
    and windows server 2k8 is even MORE stable, which is based off the Vista Kernal!

archer6 no está en línea Stack level 8
    Quote Originally Posted by ANTC View Post
    98 Percent of you posted about "experiences" they had with Vista when you've never used it.
    Not sure where that comment came from?

For the record, I do not comment on anything that I have not personally owned & tested extensively, and then I only share the experience, not pure opinion, or speculation.

wolfheart no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    303744DB
    Well, I must say that I was skeptical of Vista before I started using it. With the Service Pack(s) that have come out I must say Vista is not as bad as many make it out to be. I think it is going quite well. Of course, remember that there are so many different hardware/software configurations that I could run it flawlessly and maybe someone else runs in to continuous crashing all the time.

Take the Vista-bashing (no I am not referring to anyone in particular, just the general bashing that has gone on since it came out) with a grain of salt, at least a bit. People love to point out what an OS *can't* do rather than what it *can*. Not to mention people loooooove to hate Microsoft.
    ~ Benedictus qui venit in nomine Sathanas ~

dallas1125 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    2576E92F
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Well, not to bash vista but what can it do that others cant?

wolfheart no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    303744DB
    Well I didn't say it could do a ton of stuff that other OS's can't do. The statement was meant to point out that people who hate it like to focus only on it's flaws.

I mean each OS has good points and bad points. There are advantages and disadvantages to running Vista rather than other versions of Windows and there are also advantages and disadvantages to running a Windows-based PC (any version, save for Millenium which truly was horrid) rather than a Linux-based PC or a Mac, etc. Each have their strengths and weaknesses. I just, personally, feel that Microsoft and the Windows OS take a bit *too* much criticism from people.
    ~ Benedictus qui venit in nomine Sathanas ~

PIN/ID
    2576E92F
    Ok, so what one would you suggest?

PIN/ID
    2576E92F
    V~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Ok, so what one would you suggest?

gkast1 no está en línea Stack level 6
    PIN/ID
    244F596F
    I'm using Vista SP1 this very moment, and what I wrote about it I wrote from
    experience, mine and and that of people I help.

Linux is preferable by far. Faster, cleaner, safer, richer.

And free. And with source code (for the not too many willing and able to read it and possibly modify it)

The only reason I am not running Linux is that I am using my BB as a tethered
    modem, which goes through having RIM Desktop Manager and Device Manager running -- programs issued only for Windows environments. I haven't had the time to fool around with drivers and settings to get the arrangement to work under Linux, that is all.

bacidath no está en línea Stack level 2
    I would say that people focus on the flaws because that is what keeps them from using it... It like owning a porche that's governed at 30mph and breaks down every 20 miles and that's my opinion and I'm sticking to it... ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

CoDrift.org no está en línea Stack level 2

I ordered my laptop with XP vsame with Vista. A first I hated it but once I learned how to use it. It has a lot of the admin tools easier to use. You can't really use any freeware programs last I tried, they aren't approved by Microsoft. I did put XP on my machine and it ran like crap, put Vista back on. I think the next Windows OS will take a step back for the admin user. If you want to try it a think you get a 10 day test run. I don't think you will be able to get rid of Vista completly even if you format the machne. If really want something new go dual boot system and run a lynx OS

maz94protege no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    296C692F
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ as an avid OSX Mac user, Vista is a big upgrade from XP, but its such a RAM dependent OS. Just picked up a new laptop with VISTA, and it has only 2GB ram, still runs ok but if I was to put any kind of CAD or high powered game/software on it, I will be starving the computer of resources.

Still I think WIN3.1 was the most stable Win OS.

But, its a good OS, always good to max your ram capacity out on your machine, and you will be good to go.

krikor222 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    3022BBE5
    I love Windows Vsta, I had a new PC built, cost me $1500 (supercomputer ) and when i upgraded to Vista I started enjoying DirectX10, and with Service Pack 1 and a really fast computer, you slowly start getting used to vista and start enjoying the great looks and features it has to offer!

If your a big gamer, with the right hardware, I would definately consider switching to Vista to enjoy games alot more!
    Shawn K.

Device: BlackBerry Curve 8330 v4.5.0.56
    Carrier: Bell Mobility (Canada)
    PIN: 3022BBE5

Xorphan no está en línea Stack level 2
    To each his own, but as a systems engineer, they all have there weaknesses and strengths.

Solution: Use both, linux is free, and you can get a trial of vista.

Personally: I use a windows/mac machine a linux only machine & and linux/windows pc, all of which require different degrees of configuration if your setup is like mine, with multiple monitors, peripherals ect.
    http://xorphan-design.com
    creativity in colour / design in mind

jeffallen8 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Huh?
    I would buy a vista license but have them install xp on it. Then in the furture you can upgrade your os to vista without paying a dime.

PIN/ID
    2576E92F
    That sounds good to. Right now, I am just going to run a linux/XP for now. I will wait for Vista to be improved.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast