Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Originally Posted by takeshi There are definitely new features that I feel should be supported ... Microsoft Windows forum

archer6 no está en línea Stack level 8

Re: Q: Why can't BB offer windows?

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by takeshi
    There are definitely new features that I feel should be supported and there really should be a better selection of third party apps as well as support for apps that people currently use.

It's not quite where I'd like to see it but hopefully RIM will get there. Hopefully people are emailing bbsuggestions@rim.com with their wish lists.

In regard to stability, it's the overall trend that matters, statistically speaking and WM devices are significantly less reliable overall.
    Thanks takeshi for a well written post and a great link that I for one will certainly use.

Cheers.......

kane no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID

Quote Originally Posted by _Bulz_Eye_
    I don't think you guys understand what or why I was asking the question:

Why do we have to buy a 3rd party software for our blackberry? Why can't blackberry run a windows type of OS so we don't need to add all these other 3rd party software??????? If thier is a program like Eoffice, why can't it come bundled like a pc smart program? Why do we have to go out and buy it, I love my BB, I just don't want to have to buy software just to look at spread sheets lolol.... so figure that one out for me... I think the BB should come word docs & excel & pdf freindly.

It bugs me that if I exchange my BB, I will have to buy another copy of Eoffice. That just don't seem right to me.

i feel you when a phone stickers for $480 bucks i dont want to pay extra for a word program.

boomboom no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    retired

Quote Originally Posted by kane
    i feel you when a phone stickers for $480 bucks i dont want to pay extra for a word program.
    As said before. Microsoft has it included in its OS. They make the OS and word. It is so that they can penetrate the market.

I would like to see BB included eOffice in the future. Kind of how Palm has included datawize? (office compatiable) in its Palm manager (Life Drive)

It would be really cool if they could both be included somehow. So that RIM could include eOffice on every blackberry sold. And give them instead of $199. maybe $20.00. I think that the makers of eOffice would make a ton more money on every blackberry sold if RIM paid them $20.00 for each phone...Right now I am balking at the $199 price of eOffice. (not when I paid $149 for Microsoft Office Teacher/student edition 2003 in 2005.) Price is way to steep for me. Anyway, I would suggest that RIM package eOffice or a similar brand/product in the future...

I could be wrong thou, I do believe that 87XX comes with an office reader/ or eOffice type of product.

shayind4 no está en línea Stack level 2

Is there a way of finding out the list of hardwares in bb without pulling it apart? For example, is there any wifi radio in bb8800?

kane no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID

only the 8820 has wifi and i think the 8320

shayind4 no está en línea Stack level 2

Thanks Kane.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12