Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

I got the new 8800 and got a new laptop as well with Vista. The ... Microsoft Windows forum

mqasim no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    20508e6b

Problem with Windows Vista

Advertisement

I got the new 8800 and got a new laptop as well with Vista. The problem I am facing is, i initially installed the version i got with the 8800 and that was not working. The desktop manager would appear for a second and would then close. After some research i found out 4.2 sp1 is compatible with Windows Vista. I downloaded that version.. I performed a clean unistall of the previous version which i got from (http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com/5127-how_perform_clean_uninstall_desktop_manager.html). While doing the clean unistall i could only proceed till task 2 ([FONT=Verdana][FONT=Verdana]Task 2 - Delete the Research In Motion folders from the registry) [/FONT][/FONT]as after that I could not find the listed files. After performing the uninstall i reinstalled v4.2 service pack 1 but i am having the same problem. What should i do?

jdellasala no está en línea Device Pro

Re: Problem with Windows Vista

The EXE you download from Rim for DM is a self extracting EXE. Extract it to C:\Windows\Options\BBDesktop42SP1
    The reason for this is because if you attempt to modify or repair the installation (sometimes needed to fix a stubborn USB connection), it will fail unless it has the source files available. Extracting and running the installer from here eliminates this problem.

Now, uninstall the problem installation using the excellent uninstall guide again.

Now to install, right click on C:\WINDOWS\Options\BBDesktop42SP1\BlackBerrySetup. exe and select Run as Administrator to perform the install.

I'd turn off UAC (User Access Control) too - I can't live with it, and as far as it being a security feature, all it does is teach people to ignore warnings, and you can not be certain it's not screwing something up without telling you!
    JerryD

PIN/ID
    20508e6b

I tried what you said, but the same thing is happening, it just disappears. Like i said before while uninstalling i can only perform till task 2. Could that be the reason? I am very confused I have tried literally everything. Anther thing, in some post it said u have to register atl.dll file I cant manage to do that as well. I get the error "dll was loaded but the call to dll server failed with the error code 0x8002801c"

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b

What I have found is when installing a new version of Desktop Manager it will delete the previous version. Rest assured it will work great on Vista, just be patient.

PIN/ID
    20508e6b

i have reinstalled it several times, tried different things several times but none seem to work. SOmeone please help me out.

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA

where are you getting the desktop manager that you downloaded?

PIN/ID
    20508e6b

"C:\Program Files\Research In Motion\BlackBerry\DesktopMgr.exe"

Thats where its been downloaded.

PIN/ID
    20508e6b

Anyone?
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

geomc no está en línea Stack level 1

Here's the fix for the problem, but you're not gonna like it. Turn User Account Control ON and the RIM software will work. #$@!

Geo

ericshmerick no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    32B9FC53

Quote Originally Posted by geomc
    Here's the fix for the problem, but you're not gonna like it. Turn User Account Control ON and the RIM software will work. #$@!

Geo
    That's strange. I couldn't get it to install with User Account ON, so I turned it off and after many more attempts, it finally installed.

Bottom line is RIM and MSFT need to figure something out very soon. Vista and BB Desktop do NOT play together nicely. Well, after you are able to actually install DM, it will work, but the install is a nightmare.

Crewdawg257 no está en línea BES Pro

I have not had any issues on three Vista machines and BB DM. I have only heard of problems when UAC is disabled.
    --
    I suspect that Microsoft Access is nothing but Microsoft Excel with a VBScript wrapper.
    - Unknown

DZ8703 no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    32BA3143

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~I am having same problem here.. It just disappear instantly when I click to open... What I did, downloaded twice to ensure it doesn't missed little data info... Turn off UAC (blessed laptop).. I am thinking to uninstall and reinstall one more time... Hopefully, it works?

My question, since some ppl installed no problem, while others have problems... I wonder if Home premire, enterprise, and ultimate for Vista make any difference?

woodi68 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    woodi68

No luck for me (yes, I know this is an old thread, but the problem still exists). I've installed and uninstalled everything several times with several configurations. I'm praying for Windows 95 soon! = )

angiesbiz no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    25E0711A

I have a 8800 and installed DM on my windows vista home premium and the Desktop Manager does not recognize my device when I connect the USB cord to the system. If there is any fix for that I would certainly appreciate it. Thanks in advance for your time.

patnyc no está en línea Stack level 1

I had an issue with the Pearl also and Vista. I tried to set it up for one of my clients and I coudlnt.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast