Hi, I am using my BlackBerry Pearl as a tethered modem running Windows XP but ... Microsoft Windows forum

abdool7 no está en línea Stack level 1

Question Pearl download problems on XP

Advertisement

Hi,
    I am using my BlackBerry Pearl as a tethered modem running Windows XP but I am having problems with port forwarding. When I do a port test on emule or utorrent, the test fails and because of that, I cannot download much software.
    Downloads on rapidshare, easyshare, depositfiles, megaupload, etc, starts and then fails after about 30%.
    Someone suggested that I manually override my DNS server but I dont know how that is to be done.
    Please help
    The XP firewall and the BlackBerry firewall are turned off.
    Thanks
    Ron

scottvicius no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    318591be
    Rob have you down loaded the hand held software for your phone? Not just the CD that came with it aka os software but also the software for your hand held from your provider?

d-design no está en línea Stack level 1

Smile Wlan on BB 8100

abdool7 no está en línea Stack level 1

Question downloading problems

My provider said that they don't have any software download for me, but while browsing, I found the updated software on BlackBerry website. But the problem is that I am unable to download that file. The download reaches about 35% and disconnects. This is the problem I am trying to solve.
    Any ideas?
    Ron