Hello, I have several BB (Curves and Pearls) and three computers (laptops and desktop) I ... Microsoft Windows forum

WRC1045 no está en línea Stack level 3

Multiple BB & Multiple Outlook - Syncing

Advertisement

Hello, I have several BB (Curves and Pearls) and three computers (laptops and desktop) I want to be able to sync the BB to the computers.

Outlook 2003 Pro and set to archieve every 60 days. Keep in mind that I do not sync all the BB and all the computers everyday, but I do need to keep them sync when I use them every few days. I have been thinking about all the settings for archieving, keep on the BB for X days, transfer only future items and other. I have found several catches to some of the settings.

If I archieve Outlook and synchronize the BB/Outlook it keeps trying to add the archieved data from the BB to Outlook if Outlook was archieved first. This happens when Outlook archieves before a BB sync.

I also make entried on both my promary BB and primary computer. The Outlook issues can be sofved easily with Outlook sync software. What have you all done to help remedy the issue. Of course I can go in manually and archieve then synce all my BB at the same time. I am sure someone has came up with a solution that works. The best solution is Exchange Server and BES on the BB. But this is BIS with Outlook. Any ideas?

I prefer to keep everything on my local computers, just in case I do not have internet sevice for some reason in the field.

Thanks and have a great day!
    8100 and 8320
    Tmobile

reddrvgon no está en línea Stack level 8
    PIN/ID
    ask me
    Well, what if you set a schedule to sync the BB's before outlook archives itslef... You can have a repeating task in your calendar to remind you to sync your berries let's say a week before your outlook is set to sync.
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

what settings for the bb? I have given this so much though that I can't think about it anymore... LOL

the bb would have to sync with outlook first. then archieve outlook. change bb settings to sync to outlook, outlook overwrites all bb. forced sync to outlook.
    then change bb/oulook to sync with both.
    what a pain.
    then on out laptops/pc have to archieve and force sync to bb
    8100 and 8320
    Tmobile

PIN/ID
    ask me
    What about two way syncs... Wouldn't that balance out both devices?

no you have to change when you archieve. Example: so I archieve old calenders in outlook, then when I do a 2 way sync. It wants to put the old archieve back in outlook. You have to change the sync methods. I have a work around but thouhght there might be something better

I use a program to sync outlook data across the computers. I then adjust the sync settings on my bb after I archieve in outlook. forcing outlook to push the data to the bb-basically wiping the old data and installing current calender in outlook. the put the bb back into 2 way sync for daily use till the next sync

what are your thoughts?
    8100 and 8320
    Tmobile

PIN/ID
    ask me
    Sounds gruesome...

Question, once you've archived, and if your bb does a 2 way sync, the bb would force pre archived data to your outlook right. If you let it do that, how does that negatively affect you? Wouldn't it just get re-archived / overwritten by outlook?

well it would mean I would have to sync an extra 950-1200 events on every sync. I am trying to speed up my syncs by also archieving. I want to keep no more than 60 days on my bb. outlook I want to keep forever. I backup via a terabyte server and online. Also on some local machines. Call me paranoid!
    8100 and 8320
    Tmobile

PIN/ID
    ask me
    I wouldn't say paranoid... I can understand saving digital info...

I'm gonna sit down on a pc in a few hours n figure something out... There's gotta be an easier way... Just can't think of it off the top of my head... Gonna play with the sync functions and get back to u on it... There's gotta be some rules that can be implemented somewhere...