whenever i open the blackberry desktop manager and click on the media manager this is ... Microsoft Windows forum

mina00 no está en línea Stack level 1

Question Media Manager wont work

Advertisement

whenever i open the blackberry desktop manager and click on the media manager this is what i get "
    ediaManager9 Module has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience." and when i go to send the error report or find out what the problem is .. i get NO answers. I've tried to download quicktime because I deleted it a while back, however when I download it it tells me that something is missing and it wont download it. I have no idea how to find out what is missing from my computer that is making all of this so difficult. I hope this is in the correct thread. if not .. im sorry! I havea blackberry curve 8310 if that helps.. and I have a regular windows xp i think?

doughdaddy no está en línea Device Pro

Re: Media Manager wont work

Media Manager should have everything it needs to run as part of the installer. Did you download it or install from a disk?

yes i did. i downloaded it from the cd the phone came with . i have NO idea why it isnt working its really pissing me off

Try uninstalling the DM software form the PC and use this link for the latest 4.3 version: https://www.blackberry.com/Downloads...93E4F3BB068C22
    Choose Desktop Manager 4.3 from the drop down list. When you get to the downloads page there are several versions to choose from. If you only need English then the one at the bottom will do and is a little smaller in size than the multi-language version.

i cant delete it i tried to and it wont let me

You can't delete what? Do you mean uninstall the DM fom the PC? If so, go to the control panel on the PC, find the Blackberry Desktop Manager software and click uninstall. If it won't allow you to then reboot the PC first and retry. It may have a file in use which will lock up the program.
    You also will need admin privledges on the PC in order to uninstall and properly install the DM software.

it wont because it wasnt properly installed?

I would recommend a manual uninstall then, but that requires good PC knowledge. How is yours?

thats what it says. i went to control pannel and went to remove/add programs and itried to uninstall it, and it says i cant uninstall it because it wasnt properly installed .. Sorry im not much help but I really have no idea whats going on either.. I could restore my system to an earlier time beforei downloaded it but im not sure if that would get rid of it lol