Good morning, techies..... Recently upgraded my Dell XPS M1530 to Windows 7 (not sure if ... Microsoft Windows forum

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator

Laptop Won't Power up with New Battery

Advertisement

Good morning, techies.....

Recently upgraded my Dell XPS M1530 to Windows 7 (not sure if this is relevant or not, but might be a BIOS thing). Also, just yesterday I replaced the 17 month old battery and let it charge overnight, however the laptop will not power on with the new battery. AC, no problem.

According to the battery reseller, this could be a BIOS issue. According to Dell, I have the latest BIOS for my previous OS (Vista Home Premium), but I'm not sure if the BIOS needs updating for Windows 7 to get this new battery to work.

Any ideas/suggestions are appreciated.

Thanks,
    Roger

BestWitted no está en línea Stack level 7
    Roger--If you still have the old battery I would try booting with that to determine if the problem is associated with the battery. If it boots.....it could be bios but if it doesn't.....that would tend to eliminate a battery issue.
    "We make a living by what we get, we make a life by what we give."
    Enjoying life in Lehi, UT with my BB 9780 on ATT

Did that yesterday, Dave. Worked just fine with the old battery.

I know it recognizes the new battery through the system tools and the battery is fully charged. Just won't function on battery power alone.

BestWitted no está en línea Stack level 7
    Hmmmm.....it appears that 100% compatibility does not exist between the two batteries otherwise......the new battery would work as well as the old one......is replacing the new battery an option?
    "We make a living by what we get, we make a life by what we give."
    Enjoying life in Lehi, UT with my BB 9780 on ATT

Yes, it's definitely an option to replace the new battery, but I'm sure it's something simple like updating the BIOS or some setting I'm missing somewhere. I've bought batteries from this place before and didn't have any issues on other machines.